• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bowel movements?

Hi, I've also been worried about going to the loo and understand it's because of the op, lack of food, not moving around as much. Crushed a senna tablet last night and put it in some Ambrosia custard - yucky! Finally managed a small result this morning but I'm still struggling with wind pain. It moves down the side of my nose, in my shoulders, bottom of my back and then this morning it felt like a stitch pain across my lower abdomen.

Feeling tired today as not sleeping well so now that I have the house to myself for a few hours, I'm going to rest. The weight loss is good though - 9lbs since Tuesday!

Hi, I've also been worried about going to the loo and understand it's because of the op, lack of food, not moving around as much. Crushed a senna tablet last night and put it in some Ambrosia custard - yucky! Finally managed a small result this morning but I'm still struggling with wind pain. It moves down the side of my nose, in my shoulders, bottom of my back and then this morning it felt like a stitch pain across my lower abdomen. Feeling tired today as not sleeping well so now that I have the house to myself for a few hours, I'm going to rest. The weight loss is good though - 9lbs since Tuesday!

Hi honey feel for you as remember exactly what it was like, try drinking peppermint tea it really helps with the wind pain, I've never liked herbal teas but soon got used to it & I used one of the bean bags you heat up in the microwave that was my saviour especially as night.

Well done on the weight loss that's really really amazing, the recovery process is tough going but doesn't last long you will soon be feeling better just get lots of rest xxx

I still swear by my liquid senokot even now 9 weeks post op and use at least once a week to help keep my regular of sorts lol The peeing will come once your fluids are up......... i was lucky to go twice a day at the start and it was dark and soooo strong but fluids are a must, it will help with the BMs too :) a BM would help ease some of the wind too !! hang in there girlies x x x hugs

Hello all, new guy here. I'm 5 days post-op.

I'll be honest and open about this. I pee'd at midday, 16th April. I next pee'd by myself around 4pm, 17th April. I didn't pee for 28 hours. The pain got so bad that they had to put a catheter in, around 1am. It was removed at 10.45am on the 17th.

At 3.30pm I was given an ultimatum. If I don't pee within 60 minutes, I was to have a bladder scan, followed by another catheter. As I'm really not a fan of having a long tube passed down my penis, I finally managed to pee within the deadline.

As for bowel movements...I was given lactulose to take daily. I've tried every day since surgery - nothing. Today, 5 days and 6 hours after surgery, I've finally managed to go. Such a relief.

Well done Dave...I hsf a compacted bowel...Didnt go for 9 days..10 sachets of super persvrption laxatives later..I went! A month on, I'm now used to going every day again.... Well done on ur decision for wls..

No...there a quite a few men on here...u r not alone, but may b the first to admit u had downstairs issues. Everyone on.Here is on for the fabulous support and knowledge sharing..you will always get an answer, a friendly hello or a virtual hugxx

No...there a quite a few men on here...u r not alone, but may b the first to admit u had downstairs issues. Everyone on.Here is on for the fabulous support and knowledge sharing..you will always get an answer, a friendly hello or a virtual hugxx

I literally have nothing to hide anymore. Isn't honesty the best policy? ;-)

Back