• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bread

Beccalah

How does bread affect you?
I have been having ready-made toasts here (like crispbreads) and have tolerated them really well.
Dietician has said to move onto bread I should toast it at first, which I have done, but I ALWAYS feel bad afterwards.

Just now for breakfast I have had 1/2 slice of toasted bread with a poached egg., and now feel really icky, I know it is not the egg, they always go down really well, but the bread makes me feel terrible.

How long was it for you guys before you could have bread of any kind and not feel icky?

:cry:

I've always found bread difficult to swallow and it's worse after WLS! It feels like I've swallowed a brick I do buy bread but maybe have 2slices a week if that's up freezing it and taking out the odd slice when food demon pops up!

I'm very lucky, bread or toast is no problem a month at a time, ( sleeved 4 months ago)

If you have been bypassed it might be portion size making you feel uncomfortable - either a slice of toast from a not too dense loaf OR a poached egg. Bear in mind the total pouch capacity is that of an egg and will include saliva etc. Over two years on from my bypass I would struggle with egg on toast ... You are less than two months. At eight weeks I was probably able to very slowly manage a slice of toast from a 400g loaf. Xxxxx

2 Years out and I couldn't eat an egg on toast, I can (sometimes) manage the yolk on a half slice of toast

Indeed Butterfly. And my toast has to be 'fluffy' soft bread and from a small loaf. I started with the Weight Watchers loaves. I can now have a slice of a granary or seeded batch loaf like Hovis.

I've got the MGB and not having any problems. Started with toast and now can manage sift bread (not too much as it fills you up)

Last edited:
I have a multi seeded loaf I get through 1 every 2-3 months a freeze it in slices as I don't eat it often sometimes 1 bite and I feel like I've swallowed lead! Other times I can manage a whole slice of it toasted (400gram loaf not the 800 gram)

Yep, 400g loaf is WTG, and is change from a quid! Get in!

My last 1 was 17p in Co-op reduced to clear!! Bunged it in freezer in poly bags a slice in each - I do love a bargain lol

Guess it is personal then, it was just 1/2 a slice, no crusts, and I didn't finish it, just the egg

I will not be trying it again for a while, I will stick to the melba toasts that I buy, they are only an inch square, really tiny and perfect

Thanks all!

Guess it is personal then, it was just 1/2 a slice, no crusts, and I didn't finish it, just the egg ? I will not be trying it again for a while, I will stick to the melba toasts that I buy, they are only an inch square, really tiny and perfect Thanks all!

I can't eat bread at all. It either gets stuck (ouch) or If I can get it to go down I feel ill. Or crumpets. Can't have anything stodgy. X

Oh crumpets, I really miss those anyway, (must be an English thing as I can't get them here) Damn...... good job I can't get hold of them lol!

You see crumpets are actually better for me than bread as I find them lighter, I have them every now and then with an egg scrambled on it!! Weird :)

Back