• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dodgy food, how does it make you feel.

DEANO76

How do people realise they cant eat certain foods, i have been trying out bits and pieces to see how i fair. Porridge gave me a really bad stomach ache for hours, felt like trapped wind very uncomfortable. Today i tried a slice of fruit bread toasted. Slight sharp pains in my stomach for about ten mins. I didnt feel sick at all, i assume this is what it does if you struggle with something.

What feelings do other people get with hard to eat food.

DEANO76 said:
How do people realise they cant eat certain foods, i have been trying out bits and pieces to see how i fair. Porridge gave me a really bad stomach ache for hours, felt like trapped wind very uncomfortable. Today i tried a slice of fruit bread toasted. Slight sharp pains in my stomach for about ten mins. I didnt feel sick at all, i assume this is what it does if you struggle with something.

What feelings do other people get with hard to eat food.

I had the sleeve and have started noticing similarities with other sleevers. One being I can't drink cold drinks as it uncomfortable and makes me burp so have to drink hot. Two being this pain when eating even though chewed this pain is a regular occurrence through mealtime with alot of types of food. So i just think it's the surgery type we had. X

I had the sleeve and have started noticing similarities with other sleevers. One being I can't drink cold drinks as it uncomfortable and makes me burp so have to drink hot. Two being this pain when eating even though chewed this pain is a regular occurrence through mealtime with alot of types of food. So i just think it's the surgery type we had. X

Oh right ok. I wasnt sure if it meant i shouldnt be eating it. I put it down to the stomach, intestines getting a little workout session.

i had DS but the stomach is cut away like the sleeve i get pain when eating usually if i don't chew enough or eat too quickly i seem to be ok with cold drinks but have never liked really cold stuff food or drink i always take yoghurts out of the fridge for 15 mins before eating them, i can eat porridge but don't put sugar on and still don't eat bread just stick to cracker types :) i think i will eat what i put out for my tea etc but very rarely get past about 4 spoonfuls or pieces of meat

I get pain in my shoulders which stops me eating anyway so it's a good warning. Not sure if it means too much or too quick though.

I had some hot chocolate with marshmallows and cream in it the other week and, within 10 minutes, I had stomach cramps and a few episodes of diarrhoea which I put down to it either being too high in fat or sugar so won't go there again.

If it's a consistency issue I get a very uncomfortable feeling and then am sick within about 20 minutes or get severe nausea and it doesn't go away until I am actually sick - not pleasant!!

Tatiana

I also get pain drinking cold drinks and pain even if ive chewed well. Crunchy dry food goes down much better.
I can only tell if something doesn't agree with me if i eat it.
Kim

I prefer room temperature to hot drinks, not cold.

My main problem foods are chewy meat like steaks, dry beef burgers chops. Broccoli (my favourite veg) unless puréed into a soup. And my Sabbath stew of meat/potatoes/barley and beans. Had one teaspoon today, was feeling wretched all afternoon. I can't vomit up the food, only slime, so until it had passed through I was extremely uncomfortable. I won't try that again.

So far i havent been sick, i am trying new things all the time now. Fri i tried a small pasta dish, yesterday i tried garlic bread and enchiladas, i just get stabbing pains above my belly button and a really bloated feeling. I cant tell where my stomach is now so i cant be sure if its my stomach or intestine pain.

Back