• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

brealfast??

daftmoo

Hi Guys and Gals,

I'm four days pre op, I have a lot of friends who wanna take me out sunday morning for breakfast as I'm gonna be away a week. Can I break my milk only for the one meal with out it doing any damage to my liver? I go in sunday night and having my bypass 1st thing monday

Thanks

I am also on pre op diet but low carbs one, but there was another thread i read the other day on here about that.
but trufully do you want to your op at risk just for one meal, if it did cause i a prob they may not operate.

I wish you all the luck i am sure someone else will be along soon to give you better advice

I'm afraid it's not something I would risk, is there not something else you can do with your friends that doesn't involve food?

xxx

i agree its not worth the risk as it would be awful waking up and finding out that they didnt do the op xxx

why dont u ring up ur surgeon and just tell him and ask him if u can have a low carb breakfast x

Difficult one, if you had a zero carb breakfast, you might not do too much damage, but I agree with Liz & Pookiedoodle...do you really want to take the risk of going in, them opening you up & not doing it because you liver was rigid with glycogen? Just my opinion, but presumably, as all your friends know you are going in for WLS, why on earth was 'breakfast'
suggested the day before your surgery, when you are on a strict milk diet?!!!!! Pass on the breakfast, go for a (milky) coffee & a good chin-wag.

Go bowling, you can have some last good laughs with your mates and get some exercise at the same time... xx

Definitely don't have the breakfast. Your friends probably don't realise that the time for 'last pig-out' has been and gone.

best ask your provider I ate a full xmas dinner and pudding on my pre op and had no probs whats so ever with my op

If I was gonna have a breaky I would stick to protein Bacon, egg, tinned toms & mushrooms I wouldnt have any bread with it

Thing is that your digestive tract will be nice and clean if you have only been on the milk diet so you should have less chance of problems. Like the others have said why not suggest going and doing something together that does not involve food.

Thanks, i've decided not to go out on sunday and just spend the last few hours before I go in to hospital with my boys and boyfriend. I'm being picked up at lunch time for the trip down to Luton. Staying with my mum and sister post op until the saturday when someone can bring me home.
The nerves have really kicked in now, cant stop crying. My Boys (teenagers) are playing up something rotten, never left them for a week before, they're staying at their fathers for the week and i'm not sure if that is why they are playing me up.
Feeling pretty c**p at mo with nerves, missing my boys and boyfriend and still couple of days to go yet.
Sorry for rambling on

Great idea, it will be worth it! As for you boys, well any teenager can be a total pain in the a*se, I had 3 to contend with from my OH's 1st marriage & now my own daughter is 14, she's a real stroppy mare! Unfortunately, kids can be inherently selfish & they rarely like change...they know things are about to change big time!Plus whether they admit it or not, they are worried about you....all that in their heads means tw*ttish behaviour! If they're staying with their Dad, they also may not be able to get away with as much as they do at home, so that could be another factor! They won't starve & they'll be fine, so let it all go over your head at this stage....you sound like all us Mums putting your kids first, but put yourself first for a change! Nerves are normal, but you will be fine. Keep reminding yourself why you wanted WLS in the first place & how long it took you to get to this stage....this is the beginning of a new life & a new you....I'd be skipping with joy down to that theatre (oh, all right, waddling but you get the idea).

Back