• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm Back!

Ruthie K

Returned on Monday from op on Saturday.

It was done at the BMI hospital Birmingham. Everything went brilliantly. I don't think it could have gone better. I didn't need Morphine. Have no trouble keeping fluids down. Feels like I've done too many situps.

Saw my GP yesterday, with one of my children, he couldn't believe how well I was. I did joke with him saying perhaps they didn't do the op and just gave the 5 little cuts.

I haven't weighed myself since half through pre-op diet by which time I had lost around 9lbs. So not sure how well I'm doing. Some of my visitors, the chosen few who know, say I look really different. Trying break my unhealthy relationship with the scales. I'll try and weigh in once a fortnight. Presently they are under my desk at work. So I can't do much about it.

The funniest thing that happened was the gown they gave me. I know I'm a big girl but there must have been room for another 4 big girls. They was just so much fabric.

The most annoying thing that happened was my consultant didn't turn up when he said he would post op. First he said he would come Sunday afternoon, then Sunday evening, then first thing Monday morning and eventually arrived at 1.00pm. Anyway seems like he has done a good job so I let him off.

Happy to hear you are home & well. Rest up & take care of yourself. Welcome to the losing side!

Nic:p:p:p

welcome to the losing team, you might be feeling good and that you are ok but take it easy for a while to allow your body to continue healing.

Back