• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Brooke's Diary - All Things Sleevey

brooke_marie

I'm pretty useless with keeping track of what I've eaten and how I'm getting on with exercise etc so my plan is to try and track everything on here :)

I'm 22, still at Uni, I've started off at 156kg (343lbs) in April, after the Tier 3 programme I was down to 144kg (317lbs) and am now on day 1 of the pre-op diet. I feel that I'm incredibly lucky that my surgeon has said to do 1000 kcals a day for 2 weeks, rather than any milk or yoghurt diet - I have no idea why!

So today!

B: 400mls milk (ironically!) 200kcals
S: Skinny medium Costa latte (ok seriously?) 115kcal
L: Cuppa soup 86kcals
D: Tomato soup and a random handful of cabbage 255kcal

x3 Cups of tea with 1 sugar 60kcal

Total: 716 kcals

B: 2x sesame seed ryvita with 8g flora and a fun size banana - 164 kcals
L: bowl of shreddies with semi skimmed milk - 208 kcals
D: beetroot, tomato, cucumber and lettuce with tuna pasta bake - 430 kcal
x2 cup of tea - 40 kcals, pepsi max - 1 kcal

Total: 843 kcals

Thanks Clare! I'm still feeling like a massive fraud not doing the milk diet. Even debated starting the thread as I didn't want to seem like I was rubbing it in to those who are doing it!

Thanks Clare! I'm still feeling like a massive fraud not doing the milk diet. Even debated starting the thread as I didn't want to seem like I was rubbing it in to those who are doing it!

Awww don't be daft...I didn't do milk diet either, my pre.op was basically 10days long as I was on holiday before. No one here is that judgemental hun x

It's still hard sticking to it so don't feel a fraud. I was given a 1000kcal low carb diet too so felt lucky I didn't have to drink milk.

Glad to hear that Smallerme! Funny thing is, I've worked out how many calories is in the milk diet and it's actually more than I've been having so I guess that puts my mind at ease slightly!

Glad to hear that Smallerme! Funny thing is, I've worked out how many calories is in the milk diet and it's actually more than I've been having so I guess that puts my mind at ease slightly!

It's not just related to calories hun...some trusts insist on it for commitment purposes as well as its liver shrinking magic, I believe it's most effective as surgeons do not want to battle around it during op so like it all shrunk nicely x

Oh no worries - I realise it's not about the calories, but I'm having to severely count my calories at the moment to make sure I stay under 1000! It's the calorie deficit that makes the liver shrink, doesn't matter how it's done I guess!

Your doing great Brooke and that's great to hear you don't have to do the milk diet as everyone else does seem to be doing that one. I'm currently waiting for a date for a bypass and my dietician has told me my pre-op diet will be low carb high protein :) glad no milk diet for me too :) x

B: ryvitas with banana 168kcals

L: egg mayo sandwich with a latte - approx 570

D: bowl of salad with salad cream, a sugar free jelly and a fat free yoghurt - 211

2x tea
Total: 989

B: Large (600ml) latte at train station. approx 350kcal
L: Vegetable soup (Heinz) - 188kcal
D: Left over tuna pasta bake - approx 300

2x coffee with 1 sugar - 40kcal

Total: 878 kcals

B: Graze British BBQ + s/f jelly - 118 + 6 kcal
L: dolmio pasta pot with salad - 303+ 69
D: Tees Valley Chilli con carne with salad - 315+ 69

2x tea with sugar - 40

Total: 920

Hi Brooke, how's it going??? Sounds like you are doing well. I understand about feeling a bit 'guilty' about not doing the milk diet, I felt really guilty on here as EVERYONE else was on the milk diet- I daren't even mention my pre-op diet for fear of being linched!!!! Hehehehe keep up the good work!!! Xxxx

Hey Salliebeth! It's going well thanks. I've been on placement every other day for the last 2 weeks so im feeling totally frazzled, but that's good news for the 1000kcals. Only trouble I'm finding is that when it gets to having dinner I've got less than 400kcals left and I dont want to think going over so I'm having things that are waaay under! Oh well, 8 days to go!

30.1.14 Happy Chinese New Year!

B: n/a
L: Heinz chicken soup 204kcals
D: Roast chicken dinner 315kcals
S: 300g honeydew melon + graze sticky toffee pudding + slice of toast with marg - 83+148 + 101

x3 coffee with sugar-120kcals

Total: 953 kcals

Hey Salliebeth! It's going well thanks. I've been on placement every other day for the last 2 weeks so im feeling totally frazzled, but that's good news for the 1000kcals. Only trouble I'm finding is that when it gets to having dinner I've got less than 400kcals left and I dont want to think going over so I'm having things that are waaay under! Oh well, 8 days to go!

Well done!!! Time is ticking away - your op will be here before you know it!!! Xxx

Back