• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

By Pass - One size doesnt fit all!!!!

loubyl00

I want to shrink!
Hi,

Ive been watching Fat Doctor on home and health. I have heard Shaw Summers say a few times now 'one size doesn't fit all' in relation to the length of intestines he measures while doing the bypass.

Does that mean if the surgeon gets it wrong we don't loose as much weight?

x

I have often wondered that, Lou ... it could be the difference between the people who lose 8 stone in the same time it takes others to lose 4stone. Don't know the answer but it does sound as if it could be. Never mind, we mostly all get there in the end :D I think my surgeon just looked at mine, then sewed me back up, lol :D xxx

i must say i was wondering if it has even been done on me, just a few cuts in me and thats it - i dont feel any different and the weight is still not coming off grrrr

i must say i was wondering if it has even been done on me, just a few cuts in me and thats it - i dont feel any different and the weight is still not coming off grrrr

How long ago was yours done? x

For gods sake missus you havnt started yet!lol Let your body get used to the new plumbing!It took years to get fat so dont be in a hurry for it to come off,you are only three weeks out!
The length the surgeon gives us is down to our medical histories and eating habits.Also what he finds when he opens us up,we are all slightly different.Best of luck for the rest of your journey it all starts happening at once then can stop abruptly,just like when your hair starts coming out.Its all part of the process.Maz x

Does your hair definitely come out. Mines fine to start with???

I was reading something a couple of weeks ago, that some surgeons used to bypass 150cm and people were dying of malnutrition. I think this was as part of a ds. Scary thought, my surgeon said between 1m and 1.2m.

Hi, interestingly my surgeon told me he would be bypassing 1.5m because I was one of his smaller patients (17st 8lb on day of surgery). he then went on to say that he would go upto 2.5m sometimes. I asked how long the intestine was and he said up to 6m. I've been addicted to Fat Doctor for the past couple if weeks too and consultants opinions do seem to vary! the more they bypass, the less we can absorb from the food that we consume. Anyway, it's done now and I have to live with it!

Like many others who have had their ops recently, the weight loss is very disappointing but my doc said that as I wasn't a massive eater before op, just a lazy bugger :) that the weight loss may be slower. As others have said, we didn't get big overnight, so we ain't gonna get little over night either! ;-) xxx

Back