• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Need some advice...diabetes...

Hi Steph... so sorry to hear about your ''hypo's''... I am a regular sufferer too... since having cancer treatments and it's been a juggling act every day to get things stable....

It's so difficult to manage the fatigue that goes with the hypo's and the affect on your eyes and numbness in the limbs...

Are you taking insulin? I have had several adaptations to my insulin since I don't tolerate the oral medications for diabetes too well alongside other treatments... and even the medics can feel unsure of which is the best way to treat us, since we are very individual when it comes to responses and stabling diabetes.

Hoping that you are ending the week better than you started and try the Burgen bread... that has a slower release of linseed and soya and my clinic is always recommending that we use this and try to build into the diabetic diet... not sure how I will fare after my surgery.... but I know I will have to watch out since my hypo's often occur during the night and very often I have just found myself in hospital or dazed with support leaning over me at home.... it's difficult.

Keep in touch, Much love, xxx

Hiya Beverlie
Thanks for the reply and advice xx
Im not on any medication for my diabetes now, my body just appears to prefer me to eat every two hours, generally I have found out this week that if I do that then I dont have hypos, well except from today, I felt wobbly this morning and even had to lay down earlier on and was feeling very faint but it soon stopped, not sure why that was today but its stopped now.
Its funny your saying about the Bergens bread, I started having this a couple of weeks ago and love it so I am glad to have an even better reason to eat it now lol
I think that some diabetics just have hypos for no real reason sometimes, I think that I am just one of those people. Its fine though as now that I am eating more it is becoming much less so it is bearable.
Once again, thank you for the reply and advice xx
Steph xx

Reactions: Bev
Awww Steph... how awful for you.

I have Burgen bread often toasted or with light Benecol spread and one round is very satisfying... I am surprised that it isn't recommended to everyone having WLS since it is nutricious, filling and takes a while to digest, so you feel fuller for longer too....

Keep in close touch and if I can help in any way at all through my diabetic ups and downs over the years ~ I am at your side xxx

Thank you xx
You are more than welcome to add me to Facebook if you are on there.
Steph xx

Thank you Steph... Facebook... is on my 'to do' list...

Please take care... there will be a way that will work for you.... it just takes us lots of trial and errors sometimes to achieve this... you have done remarkably well and to have improved your diabetes is a great achievement...

there is something on the market called 'glucogel' which you could possibly look into and keep with you, it's a small tube of gel just a bit bigger than a lipstick and if you feel your bloods dropping, a few drops go under the tongue or in the side of the mouth.

It's only a small quantity used so may be worth checking out medically if it's an option for you... to help with any sudden drops in blood sugar which can bring on those terrible symptoms that I know only too well.

Take good care xxx

Absolutely, you can't do anything without medical advice Steph... get a GP you can talk too and start asking questions so you can get all the help and support available to you xxx

Just wondering how you are today love?
Please get a GP that you can relate to and have a good old natter..... keep in touch xxx

Thanks guys xx
Im ok today, been really crap with my eating though so my blood sugars have suffered for it, have felt jittery a lot today and feel totally wiped out. I have to try MUCH harder because when I try really hard I have no signs of low sugars, its just when Im out and about its easy to put eating out of your mind...and we all know where that leads. No actual hypos today though, just jittery feeling and tired but its totally my own fault.
I am going to try to register at a new GP surgery this coming week. In my surgery it is one man and more recently his wife, who has the same bedside manner as her husband and only around half of the personality!!! So I HAVE to change, I cant put things off because I dont like or trust them, so I will register elsewhere this week. I am also at the Spire on Thursday so I will have a good talk with them about it all.
Thanks for the concern guys, it means a lot xx
Steph xx

That's really positive Steph... every step in the direction of helpful support and good medical advice is the best way in my opinion... when I have that jittery diabetic feeling.... I have to have a digestive biscuit... but it's not a meal replacement for me... just a stop gap until my next insulin is due... please let me know if there is anything at all that I can do... and keep me posted about Thursday and your progress with re registering with a GP, loads of love and keep positive, you will sort it with medical help very soon I am sure.... take care xxx

Glad to hear things are looking up for you Steph xx

Back