• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bypass has turned me into a veggie!!!

everpositive

Hello

I was never a massive meat eater, and if I did I had chicken or minced beef in Spag bol of chilli. Like many of you, rice and pasta doesnt work too well for me. Chicken just seems too tough, especially breast of chicken. I can just about handle tiny, thinly cut pieces of chicken thigh if its just cooked and still warm. I went through a phase of really craving and enjoying fish, but now even that doesnt seem to agree with me. I had smoked haddock loin last night and not lots but it sat really heavy on my tum and I had that awful 'stuck' and bloated feeling, which inevitably leads to being sick to remove the discomfort. Anybody else find the same?

i found i was off loads of things for the first 6 weeks and everything i liked ..

milk and dairy made me feel sick and yogs ..

but all coming back to me now and i still eat and love meat as much as i did before just not the size i would have before ..

Hi Claire - well done on your achievements so far. You really seem to have it sorted. The only thing that worries me is if you get enough protein. Are you having protein shakes? Apparently whey protein is better than soya protein for bypassees because it doesn't require stomach acid for absorption. You need about 80g protein a day and if you're off fish and meat.....well, you know what I mean. Good luck for getting you your next stage by August 18th. Zxx

i found i was off loads of things for the first 6 weeks and everything i liked ..

milk and dairy made me feel sick and yogs ..

but all coming back to me now and i still eat and love meat as much as i did before just not the size i would have before ..

Stick with the eating meat Brett, its the best way to get protein in yourself, i recon i've done so well because my diet is very meat rich, in fact i'll normally eat the meat on my plate before anything else.

Hello

I was never a massive meat eater, and if I did I had chicken or minced beef in Spag bol of chilli. Like many of you, rice and pasta doesnt work too well for me. Chicken just seems too tough, especially breast of chicken. I can just about handle tiny, thinly cut pieces of chicken thigh if its just cooked and still warm. I went through a phase of really craving and enjoying fish, but now even that doesnt seem to agree with me. I had smoked haddock loin last night and not lots but it sat really heavy on my tum and I had that awful 'stuck' and bloated feeling, which inevitably leads to being sick to remove the discomfort. Anybody else find the same?

Hi claire i am the same your not on your own and i was a big meat eater before my op and i do miss it, but it will come back and eventually we will be able to eat chicken and other meats all be it in small quantities. I tend to get my protein from cheese and yoghurts corned beef in mash, sausage in beans, eggs, milk. hope this helps janey. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm having my bypass next Friday and i'm a veggie, and will get my protein from lentils, pulses, cheese , milk etc.The same as I do now:D

Back