• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

No restriction

thinkbethin

Hi all, I'm in desperate need of another fill. I had my 1st one 3 weeks ago and they put 5ml in my 9ml band. At 1st the restriction felt ok but now its gone. Its as if there's nothing there at all. I've rang the nurse who's going to send me an appointment for another but while I'm waiting I just know I'm going to gain. Tonight I've had the munchies and todays meals have been:-

Breakfast=2 weetabix
Lunch=6 tiny pieces chicken pakora
Tea- spoonful mash and 4 faggots.
Supper- half bowl of spag bol.

I'm sat here now wondering what I can have next. Whats wrong with me I just want to eat today and normally eating is a real problem with me because I usually can't be arsed.
Liz I know you'll help me and stop me from getting a mars bar from the fridge lol

Hi all, I'm in desperate need of another fill. I had my 1st one 3 weeks ago and they put 5ml in my 9ml band. At 1st the restriction felt ok but now its gone.

hiya gaynor, its normal for a 1st fill not to work long term, in this way and you are certainly not alone with this common problem x

Its as if there's nothing there at all.
1st fills are normally a test fill to see how you feel as restriction needs building up gradually to the sweet spot so ppl dont get to tight to quickly as that can cause problems.
I've rang the nurse who's going to send me an appointment for another but while I'm waiting I just know I'm going to gain. Tonight I've had the munchies and todays meals have been:-

Breakfast=2 weetabix

brekki is fine, many banders skip brekki and well done your having this, always try to keep up with having brekki as its a good start to kick starting the metabolism for the day but i must admit im a offender of skipping it because of my lifestyle and i shouldnt x
Lunch=6 tiny pieces chicken pakora

chicken is good but try having some thing with it even a side salad as its more filling no wonder u feel hungry at this stage x
Tea- spoonful mash and 4 faggots.

nice meal, but its a slider meal, it will go in and make you feel like u could eat more try more dense foods at this stage x
Supper- half bowl of spag bol.

supper is ok for banders if its not to late in the day, focus on brekki more as eating b4 bed is a no goer if u can do it x

I'm sat here now wondering what I can have next. Whats wrong with me I just want to eat today and normally eating is a real problem with me because I usually can't be arsed.

try more dense foods, but stop if you get the feeling in the pouch the denser the food the quicker u will feel the "feeling"/restriction.

Liz I know you'll help me and stop me from getting a mars bar from the fridge lol
put the mars back !

liz xxxxxxx

Maybe because I had breakfast today (which I normally skip) thats the reason I've been hungry as well. If I kick started the metabolism then I'm going to want to eat I suppose. I will try something different texture wise tomorrow and see what happens. I've bypassed the fridge and given up on the thoughts of the mars bar lol. Thankyou Liz, you're a starxx

gaynor for being a bander with no or very little restiction you are eating minimal compared to what some banders do with out restriction, try a jacket pot with baked beans it should make you fuller for longer at this point in your journey x

HI, I made my appointment for my second band fill at the same time as my first I was told to only weight 2 weeks (although I had 3 weeks due to commitments). I had 6ml at first fill and then 1.5 at second. I do have more restriction now but it is still not enough. I will wait a week and then see how I get on.

I have .5 ml in a 10 ml band and I worry that even full it wont be enough.

Thanks Liz I will do. I think I'll make a chilli tomorrow and have that on a jacket potatoe as well. I've been having a slimfast shake every day as a meal but have'nt today so maybe thats another reason for the wanting to eat.

HI, I made my appointment for my second band fill at the same time as my first I was told to only weight 2 weeks (although I had 3 weeks due to commitments). I had 6ml at first fill and then 1.5 at second. I do have more restriction now but it is still not enough. I will wait a week and then see how I get on.

I have .5 ml in a 10 ml band and I worry that even full it wont be enough.

personally i believe 2 weeks between fills is way to soon as the patient does not learn restriction in that time scale, restriction rules need to be learned in more than a 2 week gap properly in that short time x

Last edited:
lol dunno THANKS LOL

gaynor u pressin to many buttons haha u broke ya clicky thing !

Hi Gaynor

Ive just had my first fill so havent moved back onto proper food yet! but I agree with Liz, if you eat more dense food it will stay in your pouch longer and keep the full feeling.

At the moment Im having soup from my works restaurant for lunch but prior to my fill I was having a jacket potato with tuna - could never eat it all but boy did I feel full after it!

Enjoy your chilli today x

You need to remember that once you are off the liquid and puree stage you need to stay clear of liquid foods like slim fast and soup as these are slider foods (even if they are not unhealthy). They will still go straight through the band and not fill you up.

Liz, Everyone is different but I can say that after 2 weeks I was in need of a fill as I had not restriction. I was told not to expect any restriction either as in most cases the first fill is not enough but it is not safe to put too much in the band in the first fill. WHy wait longer than 2 weeks if you have no restriction at all?

hi sue fair comment everyone is different , i was saying in general, good luck with the next fill i hope you get the restriction you need x

Gaynor, I know very little about the band to be able to give you any advice.
But it does sound like you are slipping back into 'old habits'?
All I can say is don't undo the very good work that you have done so far.
You have done really well.

Sending you lots of positive vibes.

(((hugs)))

Back