• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bypass last saturday

cherub461

Hi all, I had my bypass on Saturday and home today. Enormity of what I've done has hit me. Tired. sore and daunted by amount of meds and fluids :( no idea how I'll be able to drink that much by only sipping.

It will settle down soon enough. Good to hear you're home and safe.

It is when you get home that the enormity of it gets to you. Accept as much help as is offered to you. I went straight onto puree diet when came home if its same for you, my hubby n daughter sorted evreything out for me the 1st week till I got my head round it slightly. You need time, it is hard to fit everything in eating and drinking your day is taken up doing one or the other. Beware that a lot of us suffer from constipation try and keep that side flowing cos that is one thing you don't want. Best of luck we all here for ya just ask away xx

Thanks Chrisa, I’m very lucky to have family round me taking care of me. I woke up feeling really sick this morning, managed to get 150mls milk down, then done my injection and now getting onto the water. I am on free fluids for a month.

I managed a bowel movement yesterday which was great as I was worried about constipation, just hope it continues. It is so good to be able to come on here and read about others people’s experiences and be able to ask for help. Family and friends, although invaluable, can’t fully understand what we’re going through xx

Things will get easier I'm 14 days post op - still off work - had to do everything myself as hubby works away in the week. Getting into a routine now. I'm on purée stage and do have some bits but chew well and feel ok with this. Didn't have a lot of pain just discomfort. Just building self up now ready for work next week. I can't wait to get into those clothes I've only dreamt about and that's what it's all about - a new life. Good luck and you'll be feeling more lively soon x

That’s good to know Sam, thank you. You must be a strong lady to go it alone, I’ve found it really hard and have had a lot of support. Routine definitely helps, I’ve made up a medication sheet to help me keep track of all the injections, meds, milk, water intake etc and that has helped. Can’t wait to get onto the puree stage. Sounds like you’re doing really well with it all xx

Thanks Cherub - think it comes from being quite independent and used to doing things myself although I'm sure I would have needed hubby to take time off work if there had been any problems. You sound organised with your med sheet etc. I had my last injection today whoopee - cant feel my right side anymore but hey ho at least that is over. It's great on this site to see what people eat as its very hard in the first stages. There are also so many wonderful inspirational stories and someone has almost gone through anything you will ever need initial advice on. X

Back