• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bypass longevity

Big an Bouncy

Does anyone know the oldest person with bypass is?And when you get older its a fact that your appetite diminishes,how would that affect a bypasser?Would they have to be even more vigilent watching their protein and vitamin intake?Does that make sense?

Hi B&B

I would imagine that it all evens out by the time we get in our dotage...
I think that it why there is an age limit put in place (sometimes they do operate on people in their 60's if their health is dependant on WLS) so that by the time they reach more than 2 years post op, their stomachs will have stretched a little anyway, so by the time they reach the age where their appetite is diminishing they would be getting enough to sustain them.

Just my opinion though!

(((hugs)))

As the vits and mins should be taken for life, and annual blood tests checked annually for life to test for vits and mins in the body, I suppose a person can depend on the tablets and especially the annual blood tests, while trying to ensure they take a varied and balanced food intake.

Ive found a thread on a different site from a person who had their bypass is 1976 and are still alive. As far as they are aware they are the oldest but that is all I can find right now.
Steph xx

im suposed to be having my bypass in september and i was 60 in april and i didnt have any problem geting funding or with consultont, surgon , anestatist or phsycologist all were more than ok for me to have it . i envey all the young ones having it done now there lives will be so much better but i didnt know till last year that i could get it on nhs or i would have been there a long time ago , as it is i hope this will greatly increas my life expectancy but in any case the life ive got left should be more pleasent and a lot less painfull.

Back