• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bypass op done 23/10/11

jean61166

hi guys just asking some advise.dietician advised following.
6 servings protein
2 servings veg
2 servings fruit
2 servings carbs per day to be eaten at apple sauce consistancy plus 2-2.5 ltr of fluid per day.now reading some of your posts people who are 2 weeks post op and longer are saying they are sick of soup youghart ect. i am struggling to eat all of the portions as they include fish, meat, cream cheese, mashed potato, stewed fruit,unsweetened fruit juice do hospitals have different diet sheets given i am only 5 days post op ,i am a bit confused!

Hi. I'm just over 3 wks post op and I was given the same info from my dietician. I made veg soup, but because you only want a small amount I soon got sick. It's trying to get a variety. I've never been a fish eater and always turned my nose up at it, but I have found since my op I have managed to eat tuna and I am going to try salmon next (never thought I would be saying or doing that lol) my problem has been the fluid but think I'm getting there now.
It does get easier, it's just getting things clear in your head.

Keep up the good work :)

Wow soooo different. Mine is 3 weeks liquids only then 3 weeks pureed and then 3 weeks soft. Its strange that hospitals are so different for the same operation. Good luck and keep us up to date x

Funny how you recognise the diet advice and know that its sunderland yes they all seem to differ I struggle with fluids but have been surprised how i now like shakes and milk which go towards food and fluids need to discipline self for sip sip sip

I've been looking at the post op dietfor my trust and stage 1 is 200mls fluis SIX times a day plus water in between!

Not sure that I won't float away with all that liquid!

Tatiana

Yesi think in Sunderland we get off quite lightly been able to go straight to purée on second day. But I suppose all surgeons have different thoughts.

Oh I hope Rakelane take after Sunderland for post op diet as Mr Woodcock was trained by Mr Small :) x x x

Wow soooo different. Mine is 3 weeks liquids only then 3 weeks pureed and then 3 weeks soft. Its strange that hospitals are so different for the same operation. Good luck and keep us up to date x

Mine is 4 weeks fluid, 2 weeks puree then 2 weeks incorporating lumps:confused:

Back