• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

One week post op

Lush121

Hi all, I am 9 days post-sleeve op and have been allowed a purée diet for the last two days. Thursday and Friday I stuck to sloppy Readybrek, mashed banana and some puréed apple and pear.

Today I had a few teaspoons of mashed potato, then about an hour later I had some puréed meat ragu sauce (about 5 teaspoons) that I made myself. I've also had some more puréed fruit during the day and a small fromage frais. While I am confident about what to eat, I have no idea about how much I should be eating at this stage.

Does this sound about right? I am worried that I can already eat quite a bit this early on post-op?

Hi. You won't feel proper restriction until you are on solids so try not to worry. If you're not getting pain or vomitting you're doing great xx

Each day I'm feeling better thanks. I've learnt last week no to overdo it, keep thinking I'm stronger than I am. Because I feel so well pottering around at home I keep thinking I'll be fine pushing myself when I go out, and that isn't the case. A couple of short strolls up and down the street are my daily limit at the moment

Am just 4 days post op awaiting discharge today meant to ask bio nurse about baby food is it ok to use this?

alsie said:
Am just 4 days post op awaiting discharge today meant to ask bio nurse about baby food is it ok to use this?

I was told no, but your provider may be different. I think it's because it won't meet our nutritional needs and is usually low in protein.

Paula Lewis said:
I was told no, but your provider may be different. I think it's because it won't meet our nutritional needs and is usually low in protein.

Thanks Paula

A loom at the label will tell you nutritionally baby food is worse than useless for us post op. how babies grow on it I've yet to work out. Much batter to make your own & freeze portions for babes & ourselves.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back