• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bypass yesterday

Well I finally had it done.
I had my bypass at 2.30pm yesterday. being discharged today. I have 6 holes on tummy so fairly sore but looking forward to going home to recover.
Lookers bench here I come xxx
Wow allowed out so soon and only six puncture holes ... very neat
Take it easy and welcome

Wow allowed out so soon and only six puncture holes ... very neat
Take it easy and welcome
Thanks Jeff. I've healed really well too it's been 4 weeks now and I'm eating puree foods (although I have sneaked a spoon of cottage cheese) food tastes so amazing. How are you doing with it all? X

Thanks Jeff. I've healed really well too it's been 4 weeks now and I'm eating puree foods (although I have sneaked a spoon of cottage cheese) food tastes so amazing. How are you doing with it all? X
I have only just got my last scab off but food and exercise no problem ... only brought it back once
Life could not be better ... so pleased of the new evolving me
Wishing you well

Huge congrats ! Take your time and do exactly what your team has advised
Xxxxx
Hi, Im a newbie, currently on the milk diet for 21 days in prep for my surgery on Feb 17th. I'm really impressed with your weight loss from the Gastric Band. This is what I am having too. However I was lead to believe that my weight loss would take twice as long to reach my goal. My diabetes would take longer to reach normal etc. I was thinking something like a pound a week. But looking at your achievements, I am so impressed. Well Done To You.
Kind Regards
NigelG

Hi, Im a newbie, currently on the milk diet for 21 days in prep for my surgery on Feb 17th. I'm really impressed with your weight loss from the Gastric Band. This is what I am having too. However I was lead to believe that my weight loss would take twice as long to reach my goal. My diabetes would take longer to reach normal etc. I was thinking something like a pound a week. But looking at your achievements, I am so impressed. Well Done To You.
Kind Regards
NigelG
Good luck on joining the loosers bench
We are all different and you get back the more you put in ... only the reverse ... It is a great springboard to a life change
Let us know how you get on

How is it going ??
Hi Jeff, a week since my op everything doing fine, nice dry entry wounds, no pain, sticking to what I'm told liquids these 1st 2 weeks but it includes Creamed Soup so that's not bad. But you won't believe this, I decided to stay on the Milk. Because of the nutrients in it, I thought I would be sick of it after the 3 week stint!! So I weighed myself this morning I lost another 10 pounds since the op, so that's 25Ib in 4 weeks. So really pleased. My 1st fill is not until April 24th so someway off, and I know things will change as they start to seek out my sweet spot. So, so far so good. New Year New Life. Take Care NigelG

congratulations!! How are you now?

How is it going ??
Hi There, a week since my op everything doing fine, nice dry entry wounds, no pain, sticking to what I'm told liquids these 1st 2 weeks but it includes Creamed Soup so that's not bad. But you won't believe this, I decided to stay on the Milk. Because of the nutrients in it, I thought I would be sick of it after the 3 week stint!! So I weighed myself this morning I lost another 10 pounds since the op, so that's 25Ib in 4 weeks. So really pleased. My 1st fill is not until April 24th so someway off, and I know things will change as they start to seek out my sweet spot. So, so far so good. New Year New Life. Take Care NigelG

How is it going ??
Hi There, a week since my op everything doing fine, nice dry entry wounds, no pain, sticking to what I'm told liquids these 1st 2 weeks but it includes Creamed Soup so that's not bad. But you won't believe this, I decided to stay on the Milk. Because of the nutrients in it, I thought I would be sick of it after the 3 week stint!! So I weighed myself this morning I lost another 10 pounds since the op, so that's 25Ib in 4 weeks. So really pleased. My 1st fill is not until April 24th so someway off, and I know things will change as they start to seek out my sweet spot. So, so far so good. New Year New Life. Take Care NigelG

Fab!! Well done you!!! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your journey good luck xxx

Congratulations on your surgery. You sound as though you have the post-op recovery stage sorted and long may that continue. Do you crave anything or has you appetite gone down so much you have to remind yourself to eat?
SJ x

Congratulations on your surgery. You sound as though you have the post-op recovery stage sorted and long may that continue. Do you crave anything or has you appetite gone down so much you have to remind yourself to eat?
SJ x

Hi Suffolk Joy, I'm not craving anything the various flavoured cream Soups seem to be doing the trick. I do have a mini bottle of drinking Yoghurt for Breakfast, and Tea / coffee throughout the day. I am also still drinking a ltr of milk. Just to keep my protein up. If its good enough Pre Op then it must be good enough Post Op too. Honestly I haven't felt hungry as of yet. But it is very early days. Kind Regards NigelG

Hi All, Quick question, will the hospital have pre arranged for a nurse to call to take my staples out? or do I need to arrange this myself? Either way how many days after should they come out? Its just that I am at the itchy stage with my entry wounds.
Thank You
NigelG

Hi All, Quick question, will the hospital have pre arranged for a nurse to call to take my staples out? or do I need to arrange this myself? Either way how many days after should they come out? Its just that I am at the itchy stage with my entry wounds.
Thank You
NigelG
10 days ... usually at your doctors you arrange

Back