• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Had bypass yesterday

Anto

Well I'm in hospital had a sleeve 2 years ago and it worked a bit but I was still obese. I had my bypass yesterday and I've been up and about today. Just started on fluids but have terrible heartburn not sure if that is normal. Hoping all continues to go well. I thought it may help me to gain support from people who have been through similar experiences. Thanks anto

Hi Anto

Perfectly normal feelings. You will get a lot of trapped wind etc and be uncomfortable until everything settles down.

Welcome along and hope that everything heals quickly and well.

Thanks for reply I'm walking the hospital halls hoping to get out on Thursday. I've done lots of reading on the bypass I think it is the right tool to help me overcome my weight problems.

Best wishes on your journey, and I hope you have a speedy recovery X

Thinking of you Anto and wishing you all the very best on your journey... keep us posted and we are here for you. Where about are you, not sure if you are in the UK... or where you are?

Good luck in every respect and at your side.

Love and hugs xxx

Thanks so much for your support. I am not feeling as bad as I thought I would really. I'm from Queensland I found the best surgeon here as the sleeve surgeon was a general surgeon and this one is bariatric surgeon so I'm hoping for a better result this time. This is a great website thanks again. Anto

Goodness Anto, Queensland... that will be fascinating to hear your comparison story and hope to hear from you... Good luck in every sense of the word.

Love and hugs xxx

Hi

Congratulations on your surgery, yes the heartburn and the wind are normal and very painful, keep yourself moving and hopefully it will clear up soon.

I am 10 days post op and my wind lasted a couple of days.

I wish you a speedy recovery xx

Well they are letting me out today yippee haven't seen my hubby and kids since Saturday. They took out catheter and tubes so I'm it itching to go. I'm still swollen around and bloated in the belly. Hopefully that will pass with time.

Well they are letting me out today yippee haven't seen my hubby and kids since Saturday. They took out catheter and tubes so I'm it itching to go. I'm still swollen around and bloated in the belly. Hopefully that will pass with time.

Good Luck Anto on your journey hun x

You will be glad to be home with your family, the swelling and bloatedness will soon pass, just take it steady, one day at a time. Drink lots of water and keep sipping away.

Take care hun x

Love Kat x

Hope you feel stronger by the day Anto... thinking of you and sending love as always xxx

Also hoping you are ok Andrea, I've not seen your updates for a few days... keep us posted of your progress Angel.

Feel better today Anto.

Love and hugs xxx

Back