• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bypassers

teen

post op loser
I am 6 weeks post op tomorrow. Does it still hurt when you cough and sneeze cause it does for me :cry:

I am only 12 days post opp and have no pain at all. I was only in pain for the first 5~6 days, although I would say I was sore rather than in pain.

Ta very glad Dale

Everyone is different I never had any pain on coughing but apparently if you hold a cushion to your tum when you cough it helps ease the pain...good luck chick..xx

im 3 weeks post op and have not had any pain..its probably something unrelated to bypass, that is a problem isnt it everything that goes wrong for us we think 'is it related'? hope u r soon feelin betterxx

Teen,

You had open surgery didn't you?

I am 3 weeks post-op after keyhole so am having no such problems, but two years ago I had an ectopic pregnancy and ended up having emergency open surgery to remove the damaged fallopian tube. After that surgery I did struggle with coughing and sneezing and the best way to deal with it is hold a cusion to ur tummy and lean forward a bit before you cough or sneeze.

At 6 weeks I would presume it should only be a mild discomfort by now, if its anything more than this I would mention it to ur GP just to be on the safe side, no need to be in pain if it can be helped x x x

i still put my arm over my stomache when i cough or sneeze but its habit more then anything as i am not in pain now.

Having a tired day, all i have managed to do is wander around to the Gp and sort out a script, give over the referal details for my next op, and take a call from the people supplying my protien drinks to discover they do not have the ready made one i want and i had to settle for strawberry which is not one of my favourite flavours.... however i now know they WILL arrive tomorrow

Im just a wreck lolol its hurt when I cough and sneeze my back aches after walking a bit and round the front of my waist hurts aswell. I am constipated and when I do go its like passing a house brick lol.Yes mintball I was open surgery. Gonna have some pain killers first time since leaving the hospital. Will give it a week and if no better I will call Dr hartland Thanx all for listening to me winge

ahhh teen if your constipated then that will also cause backache and pains in the stomache have you tried taking anything for it, prune juice 100ml at a time is whats recommended, plus increased fluid intake, or you could blitz some prunes and make very thing with juice/fluids this will also help

No its not Poo pains lol My back starts to hurt when I do dishes or peel spuds aswell Think I just aint healing very well and Im feeling misserable today lol. I had some prunes last night and drank the juice they were in, will have some more later also got some laxative see if that helps

Back