• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Calcium Citrate?

Silver Shoes

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone knows where to get a good Calcium Citrate tablet? I have been told to take the Citrate over the Carbonate (like calcichew) as it is absorbed much easier. It only takes water to be dissolved, rather than stomach acid, something I dont have a lot of now after my RNY! Also the carbonate can cause wind and bloating. I want to make sure I get the full benefit of a supplement. Hope someone can help?

thanks,

Kelx

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
am on the calcichew :)

tammy

Post-op Gastric Bypass
I too take calichew which i get on prescription from my GP. Goes down ok better than some of the other pills as this one you chew. x

Silver Shoes

Thanks lovebug, do apprecaite your help. Fully aware that its Sunday..cant put my washing out here today in Germany!! lol (who made that rule up??) I'll have a look at that site, thank you!

As I'm in Germany, and I had to have private surgery...(no obesity related surgeries required and certainly not paid for by the MOD;)) You NHS'ers are very lucky!!! I get no help whatsoever from my med centre here, so cant get anything on prescription linked to the surgery. Thats why I'm having to find my own sources. My German is useless, so was hoping to find somewhere that my mum could post out to me.

Thanks for your help, it really is appreciated (by a fed up Army wife who is basically a single parent having to live in a foreign country! lol:D) Only 2 years to go until I can shop at TESCO!!! lol

sorry...have slightly lost the plot:eek:

Kel xx

hopelesscase

Oh kel do feel for you. I used to be a school matron(eat yr heart out hatty jaques) we used to have a lot of forces children with us corpral upwards. Used to break the mums hearts dropping them off each term but at least hey had consistancy in their education.
hope you find what you want
HC

Silver Shoes

HC,

Thanks! Due to my hubs rank, he has a lot of soldiers to look after and a lot of responsibility. Hence why he's not around much! Ah well...its his job...and I knew that! But doesnt make things easier.

I work in SCE (service childrens education) and see the poor kids go through a lot, including my own. Where I am ...most are going back to Iraq and Afghanistan in the Autumn...its the poor families left behind trying to keep everything going and staying strong for their loved one out in difficult situations.

Seriously considering boarding school myself as my kids are sooo fed up with moving every 2 years. Stability is what they need...but as you say it is heartbreaking having to leave your kid. Its a tough decision!

thanks again HC, xxxxx

tammy

Post-op Gastric Bypass
Can fully relate to your dilemma about your kids and school. My hubbie is an officer in the RAF and up until recently has always been posted every 18 months. Eventually said that he had to go on his own whilst me and the kids made a home. Luckily he is due to retire early next year!! Family life here we come. Good luck with everything life as a forces wife can be really tough x

Silver Shoes

Thanks Tammy,

Thankfully we only have 4 years til hubbie retires, and then back to my own lovely home in Dorset! I cant wait to be a "normal" family!! I have lost count of the number of operational tours he has done now...anymore medals and he'll fall over!:rolleyes: Thankfully he has come back safe each time, which is where I am lucky. The kids are so used to him being away, but its still not easy being mum and dad to them and staying strong. God knows what he will do after 24 years in the Army.

I'm so pleased that you will be a family again soon Tammy, I hope retirement brings you all much happiness!

Thanks for listening,

Kelxx

tammy

Post-op Gastric Bypass
Hi Kel, it sounds like you are doing a wonderful job and you have kept your whole family strong. I hope you hubbie doesn't have to do any more operational tours. 4 years will fly by I'm sure then you will be able to settle down once and for all!!! If you need a chat anytime please don't hesitate to contact me. Take care hun x