• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Calling all sleevers after info please

rickysmrs

Hi Hope you are all doing well after your procedure. Basically my Hosp are recomending I have the sleeve which is great news but I dont have any info as originally they only offered band or bypass. so couple of questions please as I think I just froze with a smile on my face and couldnt think of any q's yesterday.

1. Is there a pre-op diet to shrink the liver?

2. If so how long for and what type ie milk?

3. how long do you stay in hossie for?

4. is there food stages afterwards ie milk mushy then normal?

cant think of anything else atm but thanks in advance and sorry if this has been repeated elswhere I just cant seem to find a thread. :D

thank you Brian much appreiciated. x

No worries :)
I was the same when I first came on here. as you look more into this you will come across many things that people talk about that you may not have heard of but I'll pretty much guarantee that someone on here has already answered it.

i had surgery in feb this year and was on preop diet 2 weeks. 2 choices determined by hospital - milk diet, or low protein.

I was lucky enough to get the low protein and as much veg diet as u can hold and allowance of skimmed milk, one cup a day. my friend got the milk diet and was advised skimmed milk.

hospital stay.. usually 3 days. i had probs and wound up with a leak and hospitalised for 4 1/2 months and nil by mouth for 6 months. other sleevers i know were fortunate enough to get 3 days.

food stages post op..
4 weeks clear liquids
4 weeks baby/sloppy foods leading on to..
4 weeks finely chopped.. then normal food

this is generally the routine but obviously please take advice from your surgical team x good luck!

had my sleeve done 5 months ago .i did a 7 day pre op diet of a very low fat diet but i choose to do cambridge diet for the week as had my doubts wether i cud control my portion sizes...op went super well no real pain only mild discomfort and home 2nd day i then followed a 2 week liquid diet then 2 week pureed and another 2 weeks soft .no problems on any of the stages just bordem at times lol.i can eat anything just in much smaller quantaties.5 months down and over 5 stone lost so go for it i would say.xx

Hi Hope you are all doing well after your procedure. Basically my Hosp are recomending I have the sleeve which is great news but I dont have any info as originally they only offered band or bypass. so couple of questions please as I think I just froze with a smile on my face and couldnt think of any q's yesterday.

1. Is there a pre-op diet to shrink the liver?

2. If so how long for and what type ie milk?

3. how long do you stay in hossie for?

4. is there food stages afterwards ie milk mushy then normal?

cant think of anything else atm but thanks in advance and sorry if this has been repeated elswhere I just cant seem to find a thread. :D

1. Yes I was offered 3 - milk, slim fast or high protein ,low fat low carb food diet.
2. I was on it for 2 weeks
3. 2 days - no pain at all & scars healed in 2 weeks
4. Yes clear fluids, thicker fluids, purée, soft food then normal food.
8 1/2 stones lost in 7 months - love my sleeve. Good luck.

Thank you all for your replies sorry you had problems scooter but looks like its working well from your photos well done everyone. xx

Thanks, I wound up with a leak which lead to other complications including septecaemia, pneumonia, and other stuff. On the upside of the coin I weigh 12stone 6lbs now I was 27 stone± this time last year. I have a better quality of life and I'd do it all over again. Its made me a more stronger healthier and happier person and I love love love finally being able to live!

Keep us updated bab x

Back