• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cambridge Shakes Post Op?

Does anyone know if I could use some Cambridge shakes post op?

I have some of their Chocolate tetras (ready mixed cartons) left from last year and really like them, obviously I would not use them alone, but they would be handy when out and about.

They are high protein and low carb, I think!

Thanks

I used to be a Cambridge Counsellor.

I would say you can drink the shakes and Tetras. they are very low in calorie and very full vitamins etc...

But seriously make sure thats not all your consuming as that would be very very dangerous !!!!!!!!!!!!!

You may not be able to physically drink them as they taste extremley sweet so could make you feel really sick, especially the tetras.

Thanks, that's helpful!
I have no intention of only having JUST these, I was only thinking occasionally because they are convenient.

Just just re-read my last post, and it sounded a bit angry, that was not how it was meant, honest.
Just wanted to sound definate.

I have no plans to start ANY of the 47 diets I have done in the past ever again LOL!!

I will just be following the advice I am given at the hosptial.

Getting sooooo excited about it now! A week today!

I had some of these left over and tried one and it seriously made me dump. When I discussed it with my dietician she read the ingredients and said that I shouldn't have them. Maybe check with your team and see what they say. They have about 20g of carbs in so that's probably why I dumped as I am carb sensitive

Ok, I guess that they are just going in the bin! Along with alot of the other junk I eat! LOL!

I would check with your team before throwing them away - all hospitals have different opinions and I am super sensitive to carbs so they probably would be ok for you.

Thanks, Stella, I will because I love them, but obviously I'm very keen to get everything right!

By the way, your weight loss is amazing!

Thanks Jacquie. I'm at the dangerous level now where I'm starting to feel normal (and in a normal size) but still feel like I should lose a couple more stone. The good part is at 6 months out I can eat fairly normally without letting the cat out the bag when in company! You've not done bad yourself!

Must be great to be feeling normal!

My stats are not as good as they look- I got to goal about 5 years ago but have not been able to maintain! Have yo-yoed up and down between 16st and 10st

Finally had to admit that I just can't maintain without some help, hopefully things will be different after my bypass next Sunday!

Cambridge Update!

Just thought I'd let you all know that I asked my nutritionist about the Cambridge diet shakes after my bypass and took one with me for her to check out.

And she says .....YES!

They have 4 point somethingorother grams of sugar per 100g and we can have up to 8.

I still have some of the ready made up chocolate tetras from when I did Cambridge, and they will be handy to take on a day out whilst still on liquids!

Also they are really nice made up as hot chocolate!

I used to love the chocolate tetras and agree they would seem convenient for days out.

Having a hot Choc Tetra right now and it is a nice change of taste.

Not that I'll be able to drink much of it! LOL!!!

Good to hear you sounding so bright Jacquie so soon after your op! Stella i'm in the same place as you feeling as if i should lose more but feeling very normal too and i understand the "dangerous" bit. Jacquie keep up that positive attitude it will really speed up your recovery xx

Thanks Allie!
Really feeling good! A bit stiff when getting up and down and have to be careful when lifting, but other than that GREAT! Certainly don't feel like I'm had major surgery! LOL!
Today I've eaten almost half a yoghurt and a tiny bit of hot choc! Can't believe it, I'm not even thinking about food - amazing!
Long may it continue!

It's great isn't it Jacquie? Although eventually you will start thinking about food! I tend to keep an eye on the clock and when i know i should have eaten by a certain time i'll make myself have something whether a bowl of soup or something! We need to put fuel in our bodies for them to work....

But i agree it's blooming awesome to have 1 weetabix and 5 or 6 hours later start wondering about lunch. The old me would have had 3 and some toast and then be rooting in the sweetie machine at work 3 hours later :) Long may it reign xx

Back