• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can anyone give me some ideas?

rosejohnson

Home from the USA :-(
I am having a major weight loss stall, I haven't lost even half a pound in 4 weeks and I am really down.

But not wanting to be beaten, I am trying to be pro active.

I have decided I need some variety in my diet, as I seem to have lost 6 stone eating a pretty stable diet.

So I have borrowed a george foreman grill (a big one with a hot plate on the side) and I need some ideas of what I can do on it, as I am vegetarian!!

Please give me any tips you have on that, and weight loss stalls in general, I did post a couple of weeks ago and didn't get any replies, but now I am desperate.

Thanks all

Rx

Could be you need to increase your protien intake, perhaps some grilled tofu meals or protien suppliments, increase fluids as well and make sure you are eating 3 small meals a day plus 2 snacks.

Keep a record of everything you have food and drinks then you can judge better where you need to increase or decrease your intake

Asda do a chickpea and spinach sauce which is high in protein and delicious. I spread it on a wrap, cover with more spinach and cheese and put in the oven for about 10 minutes. nom nom

Asda do a chickpea and spinach sauce which is high in protein and delicious. I spread it on a wrap, cover with more spinach and cheese and put in the oven for about 10 minutes. nom nom

This sounds great! I will have a look.

Today I have had a muller light for breakfast and 1 slice of wholemeal toast (without crusts) spread with chickpea and pepper pate (home made - chickpeas, red and yellow roasted pepper, philadelphia, tomato puree, couscous, low fat mayonaise herbs and spices, blended).

For tea I will be having an innocent veg pot (innocent drinks : our drinks - smoothies, thickies, really lovely juices)

That's a pretty average day I guess, I try and have breakfast but it's hard. Usually it's a yogurt, or a piece of fruit, or a ryvita with marmite, or on a weekend scrambled egg and beans, or half a slice of toast and diabetic jam.

I eat a lot of quorn, (curry, chilli, bolognaise) but I don't like tofu.

Thanks for your replies

Rx

Hi Rose im 9 months post op, after 6 months i hadnt had a stall and was steadily losing an average of 10-12 pounds a month which i was really pleased with then came along december! I put on 2lb for the first time since my bypass and missed a period which since my op had become more regular than ever before! I lost the 2lb i put on the next wk then for the next 4 weeks i lost nothing! Merry christmas i thought! Anyway the start of the new year, my period returned as normal and so did my weightloss, i was 14.7 at the beginning of january and now 6wks later i weigh 13.9. So try not to be disheartend even though i know it's hard. There is a section on weightloss stalls in the 6 MONTHS POST OP SECTION have a read of them they may help.

Thanks Lisa.
I will have a look in the 6 months section, but I am actually not 6 months til the 29th so I might not be able to find it. Fingers crossed.

yeah you can look at it but just not post x i know what you mean about the stalls i had a 3 week one then lost for three week and iv just cme out of another week long one, i just uped the protien uped the exersize and drank lots more and things seem to be moving again, maybe your not eating enough as it seems very little what your haveing on an avarage day x

Back