• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Please can I have some advice?

Lilypad

I had my bypass 2 weeks ago and am moving onto pureed food having done a liquid diet for those 2 weeks. I've sieved some soup a few times but am now slightly confused, when on the purée stage can I just blend down food or do I still need to sieve?
Tia
Kate

My diet sheet sadi liquid for 2 weeks then pureed for 2 weeks then mashed or very soft food for 2 weeks. x

Hi Kate - you can blend but make sure it's smooth. And make sure you chew things well so if there are any lumpier bits it's all mush by the time you swallow !

Thanks Rose, won't bother sieving from now on! It's a bit scary leaving a liquid diet behind, hope my body can cope ;-)
Kate

You'll be fine, just take it slowly, only eat small amounts at a time (eat with a teaspoon), take a pause between swallows, listen to your tummy and stop as soon as you feel even slightly full.

Hi Kate, am at the same stage as you, had my bypass on 12 July. I have been having mashed potato with cheese or gravy, porridge, weetabix, sugar free jelly, yoghurt, custard, and a couple of days ago mashed down some cod in butter sauce, which went down ok, didn't puree it. Also last night had some veg just mashed with gravy, and that went down ok, just made sure I chewed the lumps. Hope that helps xxx

Thanks both, just need to expand my repertoire then! Had about 4 dessert spoons of hummus and ate it slowly, not sure I actually felt full, but equally, don't think I felt hungry before I started :-/
Kate

Back