• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can anyone please explain this?

Crazy Lady

Since going back to the gym and working out with a personal trainer for the past 5 weeks I have successfully gained 2.5kgs. I have had 2 small fills in this time after getting an emergency defill, to get me back to where I was before the fill which didn't like me. I am now back up to 6.4mls in a 10ml band and am finding I have better restriction. I weighed in on the same scales at the clinic. Is there any truth in the idea that muscle weighs heavier than fat? My clothes are not getting any tighter and if anything they are feeling looser. Any ideas welcome please as off on holiday in 4 weeks and desperate :cry:

Go by how your clothes feel and not what the scales say - and as you have noticed your clothes feel looser. Do not fret! :) x x

Last edited:
Muscle doesn't weigh more than fat, it is more dense that fat. A pound of muscle will take up less space than a pound of fat. So if you have gained muscle, and lost fat you may still weigh the same (or more) but you may feel trimmer. Sounds like what you describe.

Back