• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can anyone help on info having wls at sunderland

cherry

Hi every body, im still trying to find my way round this site so im sorry if i keep asking random questions :eek: ..... so, so far ive had my two appointmnets at mr small s clinic, ive sen the dietician and she s given me a weightloss target of 4kgs around 8 pounds to lose before my third appoitment so far i have lost 3!! yipppeee only 5 to go ..... so when i go back on the 3rd appointment and have met my weightloss target i was told id be put on the waiting list for surgery, but what happenes then?? do i go away and recieve a apointment to go back and discuss the pre op diet and all the tests they do? or will they give me all that there and then?... i was told the gastric band waiting list is very minimal sorry for all the questions... when i think ive asked them all more keep flooding in.... thanks in advance for replies :D xxxxxxx

why dont you ask to speak to the bariatric nurse? she is lovely and always replies to any emails or phone calls - she is called jane rodger (s) I have the same/similar questions and have emailled her - when she replies ill let you know what she says?

thanks x

oooo thank you.... are you able to give me the email??..... if not i understand... ive only met the consultant and dietician so far xx

thanks hun i just got!! haha didnt realise it does private messages .... thankyou xx

gastric band

hi kelly

i was seen by mr small in may 2010 and had lost my target weight and was told i was going on the waiting list which was approximately 16-18 weeks.
i then rang mr smalls secretary on 1st july enquiring as to whether i could go on holiday and when asked was told i would probably be looking at being admitted late september. i asked if that was the earliest and she also told me there were dates late august but also 13th july which i immediately booked. things happened fast from that point. i was sent my diet sheet nad had to attend a pre-assessmment appointment where my bloods were taken, i was weighed and a medical history taken as well as swabs in case i had mrsa. i was admitted to hospital on monday 12th and had my gastric band fitted on 13th july. i was initially apprehensive due to the risks of having the operation but by the time i was admitted i knew that there was no way in gods earth i was going to lose weight unless someone amputated a part of my body. i was the last to go to theatre at 2.30pm and met mr schroeder who was to do my operation and after the aneasthetist put the canulla in my arm i woke up in recovery some time later. i had some morphine in recovery and was then taken to the ward. i was later offered codeine and paracetamol before bed and again the next morning and was discharged after lunch. i have 5 small incisions which are now a little yellow off the bruising but have had no pain apart from the discomfort of the wind they pump into you. to be honest it does not even feel like i have had a band fitted. i am however tired from the general aneasthetic but looking forward to the opportunity of having a healthier and active live. i have to go to clinic to have a bandfill in 6-8 weeks so hope things keep on being positive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
my advice - as soon as you have been told you are on the weighting list give the secretary a ring and see if they have any openings - shy kids get now't hope this helps
by the way this is the first time i have ever written a message on here
i am a wls virgin!!!!
:) SuperstarAnge
Hi every body, im still trying to find my way round this site so im sorry if i keep asking random questions :eek: ..... so, so far ive had my two appointmnets at mr small s clinic, ive sen the dietician and she s given me a weightloss target of 4kgs around 8 pounds to lose before my third appoitment so far i have lost 3!! yipppeee only 5 to go ..... so when i go back on the 3rd appointment and have met my weightloss target i was told id be put on the waiting list for surgery, but what happenes then?? do i go away and recieve a apointment to go back and discuss the pre op diet and all the tests they do? or will they give me all that there and then?... i was told the gastric band waiting list is very minimal sorry for all the questions... when i think ive asked them all more keep flooding in.... thanks in advance for replies :D xxxxxxx

thanks so much for that, how you getting on with your band?.... thats what im going for, hope all is well :)) xxx

Back