• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

info on waiting lists

angelpie

I rang admissions today at st richards. they told me that the 18 week rule starts when you go on the active waiting list which is after all the test results are in and you are ready for surgery. I have been on the active list 4 weeks, she could not give me a date but she told me my op had to be done by the end of november to meet the guidelines. lol karen.

I rang admissions today at st richards. they told me that the 18 week rule starts when you go on the active waiting list which is after all the test results are in and you are ready for surgery. I have been on the active list 4 weeks, she could not give me a date but she told me my op had to be done by the end of november to meet the guidelines. lol karen.

That's good news Karen.

If in any sort of hurry you could ask to be put on the cancellation list too.

With regards to the 18 week rule...you and I are lucky really, my hospital does this too but there are many hospitals around the country that it does not apply to with WLS...Hence the very long wait for some people.

Well done on getting an approximate date.

(((hugs)))

Not long now then. I hope the time flies for you. xx

not too long to wait then, really pleased for you :)

All good news then :) Welldone. xx

i was on there active list for 9 weeks so hopefully wont be to long . i was given 3 weeks notice good luck xxxxxx

You must have gone on your list about the same time as I went on mine. Snow Crystal (same hospital as me, different surgeon) went on her list about the same time too.

Looks like we've got ourselves a race :D

love

TillyBob

Oooh <<<<rubs hands in anticipatory glee>>>>>, looks like it's almost neck n neck at the moment girls... Seriously i hope you all get your dates soon xx

good news, best of luck :D ring for cancellations ! every day,:p

So does that mean after the dietician and psychologist have all said yes the 18 week rule kicks in or is it from the pre-op assessment. I get confused about this 18 week rule:confused:

I don't think that the 18 week rule really applies to wls - demand far outstrips supply (of surgeons). But my understanding is that it applies once all the tests (psych etc) have been completed.

I think they do their best to meet the 18 week rule, but when St Richards were expecting 200 referrals this past year and apparantly got 600 it is hard to see how they can fit everyone in. I know they have new surgeons on the team, but hopefully they will get to everyone just as soon as they can.

I always try to be philosophical about these things - the thought of surgery is stressful enough without adding to it. I have no idea when my op will be - but I expect it will happen at some point...

So does that mean after the dietician and psychologist have all said yes the 18 week rule kicks in or is it from the pre-op assessment. I get confused about this 18 week rule:confused:

The preassessment is usually done within two weeks before surgery to get an up-to-date knowledge of your health at that particular time.

I haven't had my pre-op assessments, yet, although I have completed my medical questionnaire and had my MRSA swabs done (! ???).
I've had a letter from my hospital to say that I am officially on Mr. Khan's waiting list with a time frame of 20 weeks.
So - on the waiting list BEFORE pre-op assessments AND 20 weeks - (outside the 18 week time scale) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've given up trying to fathom out the procedures at Walsall Manor

You must have gone on your list about the same time as I went on mine. Snow Crystal (same hospital as me, different surgeon) went on her list about the same time too.

Looks like we've got ourselves a race :D

love

TillyBob

I might come in last Tilly if I get bad news on Thursday 3rd Sept after the colonoscopy.

Then it will be a race to the finish line for you and Karen.

(((hugs)))

Back