• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can anyone recommend a good weighing scales?

emma-louise

my new life!!
Hi all...

I've been weighing myself at my local boots scales,and I think I'm going to invest in a good set of scales to keep check of my weight.
There's that many to choose from I don't know which to buy.
Can anyone recommend any that are accurate?

Thanks

shelleymarie

I use weight watchers scales, these ones go up to 30 stone so were quite expensive but they are very heavy duty. I weigh the same on them as I do when I go to the hospital so I'm assuming they are accurate. I got them in Tesco, I think they stock a different range of weight watchers scales in their shop.

emma-louise

my new life!!
shelleymarie said:
I use weight watchers scales, these ones go up to 30 stone so were quite expensive but they are very heavy duty. I weigh the same on them as I do when I go to the hospital so I'm assuming they are accurate. I got them in Tesco, I think they stock a different range of weight watchers scales in their shop.

Do you know which ones they are?
As there's so many weight watchers ones.
Some can be exspensive so I Want to make sure I get some decent ones.

lolalou

Hi, I just invested in some more accurate scales, they were salter ones for 14.99 from Argos, they also measure your fat content and water content, so I'm working at that too. I've got my body fat level down by 2% but still got a long way to go :)

emma-louise

my new life!!
lolalou said:
Hi, I just invested in some more accurate scales, they were salter ones for 14.99 from Argos, they also measure your fat content and water content, so I'm working at that too. I've got my body fat level down by 2% but still got a long way to go :)

Hi

Just interested to know how would scales be able to measure your water content?
I'm interested to know,as I like the sound of that, thanks

lolalou

It sends some sort of tiny electrical current through your body, but you can't feel it, for my age, 32 I should be 50% water and 22-32% fat. I'm the other way round!! 50% fat and 38% water. Very clever stuff. It shouldnt be used if you have a pacemaker though.
My other scales used to fluctuate up and down even though I was stood still, these are nice and fast. Only thing is you need to switch them on every time you use them, I just click it with my toe, no problem. X

emma-louise

my new life!!
lolalou said:
It sends some sort of tiny electrical current through your body, but you can't feel it, for my age, 32 I should be 50% water and 22-32% fat. I'm the other way round!! 50% fat and 38% water. Very clever stuff. It shouldnt be used if you have a pacemaker though.
My other scales used to fluctuate up and down even though I was stood still, these are nice and fast. Only thing is you need to switch them on every time you use them, I just click it with my toe, no problem. X

Hi
Do you know which ones they are?
There's lots of salter ones on argos I've been looking x

JO28172

My faithful set was from lloyds pharmacy, at £15 and they're only half a pound out from ones used in my ww class...nice n stylish..glass n chrome..bargain! BUT I'm thinking when my mum asks what I want at Xmas to get an all singing n all dancing set to measure fat etc :) not something is buy but an appreciated gift!

mazd20010

I only trust the ones at my wm clinic and hospital as even at my docs they are very different. Dont want to get obsessed by weighing myself so only go once every two or three weeks x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

JO28172

All about consistency on the same set!