• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OT - Bathroom Scales

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
Hiya

I have salter digital scales which weigh exactly the same as the very technical ones the bariatric nurse weighs me on. My doctors use some heavy duty manual ones - similar to the ones Weight Watchers used to have and they weigh me 5lbs less! The problem with manual ones is that they are easy to set off balance, the heavy duty (expensive) ones may be ok but I will stick with my digital ones!

Maz x

Bonita

I have two sets of scales here and both are a waste of time. I normally go every two weeks get weighed on Boots scales and keep the printout. So far they have been exactly the same weight as the hospital scales and the printouts go into my weight loss journal/scrapbook.

Jezabelle

Quitting is NOT an option
You'll soon be on the losing side Mark :D x

i have these scales too, couldn't possibly comment on the accuracy from a personal point of view at the mo cos i'm heavier than they'll measure :cry:!! but in a few months i'll be ok ;)

Jezabelle

Because i've been weighed at different time's ie: dr's room then the nurses room at the surgery, the nurse at the wls clinic and then last week at the weight management class I really don't know how I have done this week. :rolleyes:

When I was weighed in the Dr's room before referral then in the nurses room week before last she said I had lost 4kg compared to the Dr's one, she also said it could be less or more as all scales are different.

I either stick to the ones I have here and go off those or get the ww one's.

Hiya

I have salter digital scales which weigh exactly the same as the very technical ones the bariatric nurse weighs me on. My doctors use some heavy duty manual ones - similar to the ones Weight Watchers used to have and they weigh me 5lbs less! The problem with manual ones is that they are easy to set off balance, the heavy duty (expensive) ones may be ok but I will stick with my digital ones!

Maz x

Jezabelle

I think I am also going to make a effort and get myself to Boots tomorrow. ;)

I have two sets of scales here and both are a waste of time. I normally go every two weeks get weighed on Boots scales and keep the printout. So far they have been exactly the same weight as the hospital scales and the printouts go into my weight loss journal/scrapbook.

candie

fabby not flabby :)
My home scales weigh a lot more than the hosp ones, but i'm going off them now so I don't care:D

fat-girl-slim08

At Goal & Now Maintaining
I use my Wii fit board to weigh myself and I think Its Accurate,
I also have some weightwatcher ones which i bought a few years ago and there is always 1lb difference. They are pretty good too.
You should invest in a Wii Fit board and you will be able to Keep fit too, It also tells you your BMI.
What ever ones you use, just stick to them, and weigh yourself at the same time of day, Like first thing in the morning after a pee lol

Jezabelle

Hiya,
I used to own a wii and wii fit.. I sold it though as it wasn't getting used. We moved house 16 months ago and the way the corner suite and tv is we can't use it as there is no room otherwise I would have kept it. :( x

I use my Wii fit board to weigh myself and I think Its Accurate,
I also have some weightwatcher ones which i bought a few years ago and there is always 1lb difference. They are pretty good too.
You should invest in a Wii Fit board and you will be able to Keep fit too, It also tells you your BMI.
What ever ones you use, just stick to them, and weigh yourself at the same time of day, Like first thing in the morning after a pee lol

tpt

Uber geek
My home ones I just got (weight watchers) weighed me in at -7lb to hosp / docs but I weighed a sack of my dog food (15kg) when I got home and they were spot on so that's good enough for me.

Fashionably Late

is a skinny size XS & 6!
If it is any consolation, Annmarie told me to weigh myself at Boots once a week as they were very accurate plus easy to prove to them when I lost the 5% as to fax the print out to them.

Jezabelle

I wished they had of told me this FL, I'd have made the effort and gone and got weighed at boots.

Going to do it tomorrow so I can keep the slips for proof. ;)

If it is any consolation, Annmarie told me to weigh myself at Boots once a week as they were very accurate plus easy to prove to them when I lost the 5% as to fax the print out to them.

Fashionably Late

is a skinny size XS & 6!
Typical of the care so far. The dieticians are lovely though.

thinkbethin

I bought some digital ones last year and they are so stupid!! I can get weighed in one position and way whatever but if I move them 1inch I gain a stone and half. Needless to say I don't take this weight into consideration lol. I get weighed at my gps once a month on the same scales in my gps office when I go for my meds. These are the ones I follow as these were the ones I got weighed on when asking for referal for wls.x

marky v

i have these scales too, couldn't possibly comment on the accuracy from a personal point of view at the mo cos i'm heavier than they'll measure :cry:!! but in a few months i'll be ok ;)

well here's a little update for ya....weighed myself this morning, and they said 26st 11lbs, (if this is indeed accurate), that's 375lbs, a grand old loss of :eek: 24lbs :eek: since June 3rd when i saw the surgeon

Jezabelle

That's what my digital ones do. :(
I left them out on the kitchen floor from yesterday morning and weighed myself just and they seem to be ok, I don't trust them though due to the readings I get if I step on and back on again. :( x

I bought some digital ones last year and they are so stupid!! I can get weighed in one position and way whatever but if I move them 1inch I gain a stone and half. Needless to say I don't take this weight into consideration lol. I get weighed at my gps once a month on the same scales in my gps office when I go for my meds. These are the ones I follow as these were the ones I got weighed on when asking for referal for wls.x

Jezabelle

Fantastic weight loss Mark. :D x

well here's a little update for ya....weighed myself this morning, and they said 26st 11lbs, (if this is indeed accurate), that's 375lbs, a grand old loss of :eek: 24lbs :eek: since June 3rd when i saw the surgeon