• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can it still be working?

alberqueque

Morning lovely comrades. I have my first check up this week and am not sure if i am eating ok . Weight loss wise is fine 37 pounds in ten weeks which i am so happy about but i am still hungry. Am trying the 5 small meal suggestion but keep forgetting and my water uptake is on the increase. Can i tell you what i had yesterday for comment please:
Small bowl of shreddies
three quarters of baked potato with tuna and sweetcorn
half a toasted sandwich
bag of snackajacks
ww pizza
3 ryvita with hummous
Isnt that loads!!!! and i woke up feeling hungry! HELP!!!

Where are your fruit & veg?

I'm no expert on post- op diet and I'm sure someone with more knowledge will be around soon. I'm still waiting for Bypass.

Did you have Band or Bypass?

Morning lovely comrades. I have my first check up this week and am not sure if i am eating ok . Weight loss wise is fine 37 pounds in ten weeks which i am so happy about but i am still hungry. Am trying the 5 small meal suggestion but keep forgetting and my water uptake is on the increase. Can i tell you what i had yesterday for comment please:
Small bowl of shreddies
half a toasted sandwich
bag of snackajacks
ww pizza
3 ryvita with hummous

Sorry cant really sympathise with you as this really isn't any sort of balanced diet, the potatoe and tuna are half way there, and i'm unsure of the nutritional value of a ww pizza, though as its a bread product its unlikely to be that good for you.

At the moment your eating hollow calorise, these dont fill you up really and should be avoided.

Have a look at this

http://www.minimins.com/surgical-weight-loss/94254-no-nonsense-nutrition-facts.html

You'll find that if you eat the right foods you can eat a lot more and still lose weight, infact promotion of healthy eating habbits will lead to longer term sustained weight lose.

Thanks - i would like to say that that was yesterday's diet when i was out with friends and does not reflect everyday - i do eat fruit and veg and i wasnt looking for sympathy - advice would have been fine thank you

sorry jan im not wonderful on the dos and donts but thought i would say that the reason most of us are here is for that reason!!!!! maybe a little more help and slightly less critisism is in order xxheather

Thanks - i would like to say that that was yesterday's diet when i was out with friends and does not reflect everyday - i do eat fruit and veg and i wasnt looking for sympathy - advice would have been fine thank you

Ok so really you need to state exactly what you normally eat when you put up a post I.E - 'this is what i had yesterday, but please dont judge me on this and it was a bad day and i normally eat like this' - how the hell else do you expect people to react when you ask for help and then list a load of crap foods you've been eating.

i'm a bit scared to give advice Jan, and have thought all day about whether to post as I have been told before as a pre opper I dont know what I'm talking about.

However, here's my two pence worth.

Based on what you ate yesterday, you are not getting anywhere near enough protein, and are eating far too many carbs. The golden rule seems to be protein protein protein to ensure you use your weight quickly and healthily.

Also, it does appear that you are managing to eat quite a large volume of food. I'm not judging you when I say that... It just seems rather a lot compared to what other post oppers are putting in their food diaries.

I think if you change the balance of what you are eating your weight will start moving much more quickly hun.

xx

sorry jan im not wonderful on the dos and donts but thought i would say that the reason most of us are here is for that reason!!!!! maybe a little more help and slightly less critisism is in order xxheather

Heather, I didnt read SS's post as critical. Jan was asking for advice and Richard gave it. Richard is a very successful loser and we would all do well to follow his advice.

Small bowl of shreddies
half a toasted sandwich
bag of snackajacks
ww pizza
3 ryvita with hummous

I know I have not had any surgery as yet but have been dieting off and on for years and that's one very very 'carbie' diet that you are on ...the only protein being the tuna.

I would imagine that the carbs are not holding the hunger at bay...The protein would help with hunger.

Anyway, all the guys here who have had the surgery will be able to help.

Good Luck

~x~

i'm a bit scared to give advice Jan, and have thought all day about whether to post as I have been told before as a pre opper I dont know what I'm talking about.

However, here's my two pence worth.

Based on what you ate yesterday, you are not getting anywhere near enough protein, and are eating far too many carbs. The golden rule seems to be protein protein protein to ensure you use your weight quickly and healthily.

Also, it does appear that you are managing to eat quite a large volume of food. I'm not judging you when I say that... It just seems rather a lot compared to what other post oppers are putting in their food diaries.

I think if you change the balance of what you are eating your weight will start moving much more quickly hun.

xx

Sam - i'd never judge you or anyone else pre op giving advice provided its accurate, if your wrong your wrong and provided you dont take offence (as i know you dont) to someone correcting you, then its cool. ;)

And for the record, what your saying here is correctamondo, none of it is rocket science, but get it wrong and you wont lose, will constantly struggle and longertime the old demons slip back in and you will regain the weight you fought to lose. ;)

Thanks Sam and Snowcrystal - you are right when i read it now it is bloody terrible:
Silversurfer's message
Ok so really you need to state exactly what you normally eat when you put up a post I.E - 'this is what i had yesterday, but please dont judge me on this and it was a bad day and i normally eat like this' - how the hell else do you expect people to react when you ask for help and then list a load of crap foods you've been eating.

Silly me and i thought this was a place of support!

Thanks Sam and Snowcrystal - you are right when i read it now it is bloody terrible:
Silversurfer's message

Silly me and i thought this was a place of support!

Jan - stop feeling sorry for yourself and read what i've written, if you tell people that your eating bad foods then your going to get this sort of reaction from us ! sorry if you want the 'tomorrow will be better' or the 'dont worry love it will all go away' fluffy stuff then sorry thats just not me ! i prefer to give good solid advice based on fact.

As Shel and PH said a while back, those that are succesful at using there tool and losng massive amounts of weight get the food thing right, the first 6 months will be your biggest weight lose period, waste this time and you will struggle longer term to lose.

It is a place of support. You were given advice and support based upon the information you gave in your first post. But sometimes it can be very frustrating to give advice and then get a second piece of information that tells another picture - or even the complete picture.

ok ok - i am feeling sorry for myself - not re the food well no yes the food - your right i am slipping back into old habits and maybe a kick up the jacksy was what i needed so thanks! can you clarify the bit "about using there tool and losing massive amounts of weight get the food thing right" what tool do you mean.
I am struggling to stop those habits getting back and will make more effort- thanks xx

sorry brunette - not sure what you mean - is it that i didnt say it was just a day wiht friends and maybe reflected an average day?

Jan - this is a place of support. I have not had my op yet but when i do if i feel i need advice i will ask those losers who have the experience of great weight loss and staying healthy. The other people i would ask for help and support would be my bariatric team (especially the dietian) and my GP.

Someone posted a thread on malabsorption a few days ago - and if losers eat a diet high in foods that will not benefit them then they will not be successful.

If you asked for advice and nobody cared enough to tell you where you slipping up then that would be the time to leave this support forum as the people on this forum DO care and DO support everyone who asks for their help

So Jan - if you are having difficulty finding the correct foods that will enable you to be a successful loser why don't you find a WLS bypass/band recipe book to help you have good healthy food with imagination so you don't get bored with what you are eating (i know PG Nic can recommend you some titles to look at and buy)

Sending you hugs with fairy dust to make you smile again and get on the right track on the losers bench x

How are we all doing in here this evening guys? Chilled and relaxed like me? ;):D

Aw thanks Topsy - i think i did need a reality check though! i had a very upsetting time yesterday as i was out with some friends but had fallen out spectacularly with my best friend at the same time and am broken hearted about it - so i did what i used to do best - eat crap and feel sorry for myself. I am still crying now but know i have to eat better - i was lucky enough to get this operation and to continue badly even if it is just a short time is making a mockery of those who arent fortunate to have it, not to mention how bad it is for my health.

Thanks again all xxx

Back