• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can it still be working?

i can only answer using what i went throw but yes it keeps you full i personaly could only eat about 5 teaspoons before i was very full at 4 month post bypass in now 9 month post bypass and still can have only 8 or 9 teaspoons at a time (very small meal) x x sarah x

i can only answer using what i went throw but yes it keeps you full i personaly could only eat about 5 teaspoons before i was very full at 4 month post bypass in now 9 month post bypass and still can have only 8 or 9 teaspoons at a time (very small meal) x x sarah x

Hi Sarah,

Are you referring to 'sloppy' foods or regular solid foods here?

Many thanks.

Thanks Nic - well at least i'll know what to look out for x

That is a good question Topsy. Most people only do puree for the first month to 2 months (I was on regular solid food by week 8). During that time you are still very swollen inside and feel fuller even when you have nothing in your pouch. But to answer your question, many people do feel 'empty' quicker and do still have 'head' hunger during the puree phase. I mistook my head hunger/empty feeling for actual hunger during this time but now realise that I wasn't really hungry yet. When you do finally do get true hunger, you will know the difference, trust me.

That stupid 'head' hunger is tricky because you have to fight it. One way to do this is when you feel it, take several sips of water. If it is true hunger you feel, the water will send a message to your brain that you are eating and the hunger will go away for a couple of minutes. If the sips of water have no effect on your hunger, then you know it is 'head' hunger and you are not physically hungry.

Hope that answers you question, just shout if it doesn't.

Nic;)

Has anyone tried hypnosis for head hunger???

~X~

Has anyone tried hypnosis for head hunger???

~X~

PMSL - we could approach Paul McKenna as a group and ask him to hypnotise us all lol :D

Seriously the head hunger does go away, i had awful problems with bread, hot crusty bread, everywhere i went there were sandwiches on display, or bread on shelves, just bread bread bread everywhere ! seriously i used to stand outside the coffee bar in charing cross station with my mouth watering.
Slowly though the craving does go away, and now i dont get the bread hunger anymore, i do now treat myself to a slice of brown whole grain toast on Sundays as my weekly treat, normally with a grilled sausage lol and i've also been know to have on occassion the odd fillet o fish ! but thats about all the bread i can manage.

PMSL - we could approach Paul McKenna as a group and ask him to hypnotise us all lol :D

Seriously the head hunger does go away, i had awful problems with bread, hot crusty bread, everywhere i went there were sandwiches on display, or bread on shelves, just bread bread bread everywhere ! seriously i used to stand outside the coffee bar in charing cross station with my mouth watering.
Slowly though the craving does go away, and now i dont get the bread hunger anymore, i do now treat myself to a slice of brown whole grain toast on Sundays as my weekly treat, normally with a grilled sausage lol and i've also been know to have on occassion the odd fillet o fish ! but thats about all the bread i can manage.

Chiz! There's hope for me yet!

Seriously...........Forget the Paul McKennas of this world....he is just a stage performer...But I bet hypnosis could be a great tool.

~X~

personally I found that I've not needed a tool to help with head hunger, as the bypass alone has been enough. Put simply, post op you know it's head hunger, and that knowledge alone makes it ten times easier to deal with.

Back