• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can some one please help me had gastric bypass monday

indiaxx

HI,
i had a bypass monday and i feel so ill worried about infection from the cuts i was told just to take them off and if they were pink thats fine otherwise see a doctor ,sort of lost a bit of faith and im now wishing i had not had it done.so any new gastric bypass people out their, who can share what they are going through.
many thanks x:)

Hi India,

It's completely natural to feel like this early days. A lot of it is side effects from the anaesthetic, which makes you a bit depressed and down in the dumps. You will start to feel better soon, I promise.

Are your cuts looking ok? If you are regretting taking the dressings off why not make an appointment with your GP's practice nurse to have them re-dressed. She can check them out for you at the same time and reassure you that they are ok.

Everything gets a lot easier as your body heals. Remember, you've just had major surgery and it's going to take a few weeks for your body to heal itself and start to feel normal again.

huge hugs for you, hope you feel better soon!

Shel

Hi there indiaxx,
i'm new to the forum but just read your post and i was wondering how your getting on, i'm having the band fitted later this year(hopefully) and would like to hear others stories about wls.

thanks
Anne:p

Hi India - I had my surgery 2 weeks and a bit ago. I left the dressings on and changed them daily - they butterfly sticky stitches I left on until they came off naturally (was about 5 days ago) as this is what Mr Ammori (my surgeon) told me to do.
As for feeling low...it really does get easier...and with time you will feel better. Your still adjusting to having the major surgery....Im still swollen on my tummy 2 weeks later...so it goes to show your body is still healing!
There will be high and low points - but just think when you start to see the weight drop off and eating mush etc...it will feel well worth it!

Hope your ok

Sally

Back