• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

can some one tell me about gastric bypass surgery

bigdaddy

i really :confused: scared about having a gastric bypass done and been told a few horror stories that the staff take pics of your willy :eek: before they put a urine cafeter in you before the operation :eek: can a guy tell me about from the beginning of the surgery to a few days after it please.:) i live in Manchester and been told when i do finally have the op it will be at salford hospital.

I had my bypass at Salford (band to bypass revision). I can tell you that they treat you with total respect and wouldn't dream of doing any of the things you mention.

They don't use catheters or drains as a matter of course either.

You walk down to the theatre and climb onto the table yourself. The anaesthetist's team chat away to you to put you at your ease. They put a cannula into your hand and then give you an oxygen mask to breath through and you go to sleep.

You wake up in recovery and the team do their best to help you cope with the pain. They give your morphine every three minutes until you are comfortable and then you return to the ward - generally with a morphine pump attached to your cannula to allow you to self administer pain relief.

The staff are lovely and professional and treat all the patients with respect. I am absolutely certain the Professor Ammori would not tolerate anything less.

thanks so much for telling me i was sh**ting bricks. i have to do another 4 months of weight loss clinic again this time with abl health on oldam rd in Manchester. wish i could go back to salford hospital at there weight loss clinic. thanks so much advice weeble.

Am not male but I didnt have a catheter and I kept my pants on so I felt more comfortable am sure they wouldnt be allowed to get away with such things but hopefully someone can put your mind at ease from your area x

Oops I see someone already has lol good luck with your journey x

I can't imagine they would take pictures of your bits. I'm sure they have plenty else to do! Forget about that idea if I were you.

I'm not male, and not Mancunian either - so feel free to ignore this post!
I am sure that nothing of the sort would happen to you, we all have fears and hear horror stories but if anyone actually DID that stuff they would be fired - plus you are generally surrounded by teams of people so there is far less chance of something untoward happening!

I felt so embarrassed and shy about my body in hospital (and at home!) but staff see them all the time and don't really bat an eyelid - you may have every reason to think your bits are worthy of photographic immortilisation, but they won't x

Have a panic free run up to your operation x

I have been a nurse for 23 years and worked in all specialities , and never have I ever heard of , or seen anyone take pictures of patients .
I can guarantee 100% that this will not happen .
Please think of your time in th e operating theatre as the most relaxed sleep you will ever have .
Good Luck

hiya i had a catherter & it was inserted the day before surgery to be honest it was the night before & i can assure you noone took pics of my bits thank god lol x

i really :confused: scared about having a gastric bypass done and been told a few horror stories that the staff take pics of your willy :eek: before they put a urine cafeter in you before the operation :eek: can a guy tell me about from the beginning of the surgery to a few days after it please.:) i live in Manchester and been told when i do finally have the op it will be at salford hospital.

Bigdaddy... as a Nurse I find it sad that you would believe this, and spend time worrying about it - I can not think of anyone in the profession wanting to do this to a patient, ever - believe me if we want to see P**** then we just go to the Orthopaedic clinic or Junior Dr's Mess!!
Only kidding :8855:

i think whoever told you that hun was pulling your todger.. and not literally xx

Back