• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can someone explain the milk diet?

brooke_marie

My surgeon has just told me to eat 1000kcals per day for 2 weeks so I'm not sure what it is. Can someone explain what the milk diet is? Is it just slimfast?

Thank you for any help in advance! Xx

the milk diet consist normally of a diet of a certain akin t of milk (3-4pints) depending on provider, along with a number of low fat yoghurts. Some allow sugar free jelly, some allow no added sugar crusha. But most normally include allowance of a stock cube such as oxo of one per day.

It's really to shrink the liver. It sounds as if you are able to eat foods but of low calorie :)

I'm allowed 4 pieces of fruit & a bowl of home made veg soup aswell as the things you mentioned, I don't feel hungry just a bit headachy and dry mouth, only got 6 days left to do.

I'm on the low fat liquid diet which is milk, sugar free jelly n oxo or bovril. I'm very dry all day. Very tempting with crimbo sweets for kids around, but so far after the second day I've not cheated. Mouth is like bottom of a budgies cage :(

2nd timer- im sure that you're allowed as much water as you'd like. Definitely drink more if you're thirsty.. Would be awful to be dehydrated even before surgery!

2nd timer- im sure that you're allowed as much water as you'd like. Definitely drink more if you're thirsty.. Would be awful to be dehydrated even before surgery!

Thanks Hun. I'm on this for a month to get to c the surgeon n a date, not even pre op yet ;( I'm drinking water galore, may as well sit on loo n drink tho lol :/ o the joys ...

Is it so you lose a certain amount of weight to qualify to see the surgeon? I had to be with the dietitian for 6 months and lose at least 5% before I was scheduled to see mine. Saw him on the 18th dec and agreed with the sleeve. Could be months until I get a date :-(

Is it so you lose a certain amount of weight to qualify to see the surgeon? I had to be with the dietitian for 6 months and lose at least 5% before I was scheduled to see mine. Saw him on the 18th dec and agreed with the sleeve. Could be months until I get a date :-(

I've been under addenbrookes bariatric service for yonks. Had band taken out n started all over again. Now at Luton,have had triple appt n have to lose 5% in jan to get appt to c surgeon. Then will have to do milk diet again before surgery if I get accepted

What was your reasoning of sleeve over by pass? Interested to know

The complication rate is 1/2 that of of the bypass. You don't get dumping syndrome at all and it's very rare that you'll get vitamin deficiencies with the sleeve... Seen as I want children eventually I want my body to be as healthy as possible... Some medical journals have reported a miscarriage rate of 1 in 6 in women who've had the bypass... Just don't want to take that risk :) the success rates (%excess body weight) are now evening out in studies between the two and its likely that in 5-10 years time the sleeve will be considered the gold standard not the bypass. Essentially, same results, much less complications!

ill be going on to the milk diet on tuesday (am on slim fast currently)
im allowed 3 pints of milk, 2 light yogurts (low fat and low sugar) and 2+ litres of fluids ( water, tea, coffee (using milk from allowance) NAS squash, diet drinks )

Well my liver has shed 7lbs of crap in three days :) that's good going :) only another half a stone to go in jan :) Feeling dizzy n sweating like a race horse after the grand national. I don't sweat usually but sure am today. Taking down crimbo decks weak as a kitten :( roll on day five ;)

previous bander, now awaiting by pass or sleeve this year.

Back