• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

cancelling ops

mandyl

hi
does anyone know if they tend to council wls ops very often. worrying now that they will cancel my op at last minute when it comes around. spose its nerves after the other week. xx

Hi mandy, didnt want to read and run but not sure I can help you with this.

I would imagine the cancellation rate is about the same as with other operations, just not sure what the rate is for any really.

Try not to stress too much, I know it's hard

Hopw somene else can reassure you more :) Xx

hi
does anyone know if they tend to council wls ops very often. worrying now that they will cancel my op at last minute when it comes around. spose its nerves after the other week. xx

Mandy,

Maybe you could e mail, or telephone the lovely Christine and ask her under what circumstances an op might be cancelled and how often it has occurred in the past. Hopefully that would put your mind at rest a little.

I would guess that they would cancel for:
emergencies -if surgeons had to go off and do emergency surgery elsewhere
if you yourself were too unwell or even had a cold
staff shortages
a break out of some horrid illness within the hospital
or probably none of the above

Just out of interest, how long have you waited with Chichester?

My op got cancelled while I was sat waiting to go to theatre with my paper gown on. the reason being that there were no beds in hdu for when I came out of theatre. I got another date for 2 weeks later though and got my op thenx

Think be thin ,How awful was that for you ?
Gosh never ever though they would get that far and cancel. I bet you were devasted to be so ready and then that .

hi think
know that feeling thats what happened to me kinda. was up showered at 6 and waited ready till 3pm only to then go home. have emailed and asked just to stop me worrying.xx

Back