• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Chichester...

angelwings25

Likes Vanilla Lattes
Do you think St Richards are ever gonna give out any dates ever again.....just voicing my thoughts!!! I think Christine must have burnt all the files or gone into hibernation. Quite possible I reckon!!

Also Good Luck to Mandyl who is having her bypass tomorrow 22nd Oct xxxxxxx

Ive got to go and see mr slater on monday . Dont know if i will gey a date but if i find out anything i will let u know

Hi Angel
I had a reply to my letter I sent to Mr Slater about some people seemingly 'jumping the queue' in that they were referred after me but have already been operated on etc........He stated that everyone is judged on their own merits and there is no queue jumping.
Then I read of that 70 stone man in Ipswich who is going to be treated at St Richards within 3 WEEKS and I wonder how many people have been pushed further down the waiting list to accommodate him?????
Before people jump down my throat.........I don't begrudge the man the WLS but within 3 weeks? Whilst the rest of us have to wait months (even years). It just doesn't seem fair.

Hi Angel
I had a reply to my letter I sent to Mr Slater about some people seemingly 'jumping the queue' in that they were referred after me but have already been operated on etc........He stated that everyone is judged on their own merits and there is no queue jumping.
Then I read of that 70 stone man in Ipswich who is going to be treated at St Richards within 3 WEEKS and I wonder how many people have been pushed further down the waiting list to accommodate him?????
Before people jump down my throat.........I don't begrudge the man the WLS but within 3 weeks? Whilst the rest of us have to wait months (even years). It just doesn't seem fair.

OMG you just said exactly what I was thinking, I too am not begruding this 70 stone man but apparently he only did it so he could be the heaviest man in the world but whether thats true or not who knows. I think there was some uproar on this point in another thread. This news story is what started me off again as my bf's mum mentioned it and said I wonder how much longer you will have to wait now he is jumping in. I get so annoyed, St Richards are the only hospital who are utterly unable to stick to any rules, i notice there are a lot of people in the north having this surgery and they are NHS and seem to get a date without any issue or delay. Unfair is not the word, they deserve it just as much but am so fed up. I don't want to hassle Christine but I can't help wondering!

Hi Angel

He has probably been pushed to the front of the queue due to his dire need. I'm not saying you need it less, but I think they think if he doesn't have it ASAP he will die.

He has probably been pushed to the front of the queue due to his dire need. I'm not saying you need it less, but I think they think if he doesn't have it ASAP he will die.

I probably don't need it as urgently as him thats for sure and I certainly feel he needs to get it done asap as he may very well die as you rightly say but this wasn't even about him I was just having a moment yesterday thinking about when I might get a date. I usually keep my thoughts on this to myself as we have to wait our turn I fimly believe that and have never preached anything else but i started bubbling over and just needed a rant. Nowt to do with Mr 70st dude but he was on my mind.

I probably don't need it as urgently as him thats for sure and I certainly feel he needs to get it done asap as he may very well die as you rightly say but this wasn't even about him I was just having a moment yesterday thinking about when I might get a date. I usually keep my thoughts on this to myself as we have to wait our turn I fimly believe that and have never preached anything else but i started bubbling over and just needed a rant. Nowt to do with Mr 70st dude but he was on my mind.

I know how it is, sometimes a good rant makes you feel much better. I hope you get your date soon though :)

I am sure you will get your date soon and if you cant rant here then there is nowhere else you could rant, but agree with Emmaroo the Ipswich guy may die if not operated on soon, but your time will come too xx I am sure Christine will be out of hibernation soon lol
Good luck

Jay xx

hello there i to thogths that chirstine was not giving out date only yesterday i rag her to ask her if there was any news shee said no . but to da i got my date 19th dece . ive been waitng a year mind keep with it xx

hello there i to thogths that chirstine was not giving out date only yesterday i rag her to ask her if there was any news shee said no . but to da i got my date 19th dece . ive been waitng a year mind keep with it xx

Hi bearymalc.
Congratulations!
Is 19 Dec your pre-op assessment date or the date of the actual operation? I didn't think they operated in December? Well they didn't last year anyway!

Do you think St Richards are ever gonna give out any dates ever again.....just voicing my thoughts!!! I think Christine must have burnt all the files or gone into hibernation. Quite possible I reckon!!

Also Good Luck to Mandyl who is having her bypass tomorrow 22nd Oct xxxxxxx

Hi Angelwings,

I'm really sorry you guys are still waiting. I know you might think its easy for me to say that because i'm now on countdown its not. I do remember what it was like and very much feel for both yourself and spikeyjaycee.

Maybe if you phone christine and just say, wondered if there is any news - also ask them what your cut off date is by which they must operate.

Whomever has been given a December date proves the point that they are doing operations in December.

Do you know what I was thinking whilst reading this - why on earth can't they operate in regional areas - so you come from north you get operated on up north etc surely that would take the strain out all the regional areas? (maybe I'm talking out of a part of my body that I sit on here).

I used to personally think that the files were thrown up in the air and caught again.

I'm keeping my fingers very very tightly crossed that you get your dates soon Angelwings and Spikeyjaycee.

Teapot (Julie)

hi all, just to let you know that Christine rang me yesterday and gave me a date - the 11th of December.......so just to let you know they do operate in December. However i didn't take it ....just not a good time for me....have opted for January and she said that she'd ring in a few weeks to arrange it. But for peace of mind wanted to let you know....they don't close for xmas!

hi all, just to let you know that Christine rang me yesterday and gave me a date - the 11th of December.......so just to let you know they do operate in December. However i didn't take it ....just not a good time for me....have opted for January and she said that she'd ring in a few weeks to arrange it. But for peace of mind wanted to let you know....they don't close for xmas!

OMG!!!! thats amazing news...how long did u wait from last appt till u got the date??? im getting a bit more hopeful now xxxxx

hi, i had initial consultation 29th July...thats the only time i've been. But it's from when your signed off from the last thing....mine was the Physc bit..and my letter says 17th of august for that....and i need to be done by the 20th January...thats what they said. Everybody's appointment order and people they need to see is dif...such as i didn't see dietician....but others have. So find out the date u need to be done by. Lots of people are getting thier dates at chichester now...fingers crossed you will too soon!xx

hi, i had initial consultation 29th July...thats the only time i've been. But it's from when your signed off from the last thing....mine was the Physc bit..and my letter says 17th of august for that....and i need to be done by the 20th January...thats what they said. Everybody's appointment order and people they need to see is dif...such as i didn't see dietician....but others have. So find out the date u need to be done by. Lots of people are getting thier dates at chichester now...fingers crossed you will too soon!xx

my initial appointment was 17th April 2009 with mr somers and my last appt was 13th July for the dietician so might mention this to christine as your last was after me and u have a date already. will give a nudge (politely) and see if it works!!! xxxx

god dammit Christine is away until 2nd November!!!! So frustrating but they surely must still make the calls even when she isn't there? Why are things so flaming complicated.

Back