• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Chili with swede and celeriac

slimkim

2 tablespoon olive oil
3 tablespoons tomatoe paste
200g onions
2 tablespoons garlic
1 tablespoons thyme
1 tablespoons rosemary
2 tablespoons chilli flakes
5 bay leaves
1000g Quorn mince
1 can chopped tomatoes plus one can of water
500g swede
500g celeriac
Salt to taste

Chop swede and celeriac into small chunks and toss with 1 tablespoon of oil and oven roast for 20minutes.
Put first 2 ingredients in large pot and fry until paste is dark brown.
Add onions, garlic, thyme, rosemary, chilli flakes and bay leaves and cook till onions translucent.
Add chopped tomatoes and can of water and mince. Cook for 10 minutes to distribute the flavours.
Stir in the roasted swede and celeriac.
Salt to taste.

This mix made 21 servings that weigh 4.5ounces with macros 8g protein, 8g carbs, 2g fat, 4g fibre and 84 calories. Enjoy

20181104_151147.jpg 20181104_153902.jpg 20181104_153942.jpg 20181104_154748.jpg 20181106_234149.jpg

Irene44

Now that I will definitely have love 2 of my fav things Swede and quorn mince yuuuuuuumy xxx. Thank you Kim xxx

Sarnie

Cooking with Kim ;)
This is now on my list to do. Thank you xx

Bling Babe

Looks yummy xx

Parsnip

Nom nom!
I think I'm going to invest in a chest freezer lol

slimkim

Nom nom!
I think I'm going to invest in a chest freezer lol

It's probably easier to just cook smaller portions. I've always cooked to feed an army. I just prefer to cook once and then make my life easy for a few weeks. My freezer is now filled with that and some cauliflower cheese and crab ramekins.x

Irene44

You are so dammed organised Kim love it xx

J

Jonicorn

I really want to try this but I just can't stomach swede, what should I use instead? Potatoe's are a bit too calorific...Maybe broccoli? I absolutely love broccoli?

slimkim

I really want to try this but I just can't stomach swede, what should I use instead? Potatoe's are a bit too calorific...Maybe broccoli? I absolutely love broccoli?

Maybe cauliflower or broccoli. I've been using cauliflower as subs as unfortunately my stomach doesn't take well to broccoli. My original version of this pre surgery used black beans and chick peas but that makes it too carb heavy now and that gives me a sugar rush.x

J

Jonicorn

Maybe cauliflower or broccoli. I've been using cauliflower as subs as unfortunately my stomach doesn't take well to broccoli. My original version of this pre surgery used black beans and chick peas but that makes it too carb heavy now and that gives me a sugar rush.x
I might do a mix of cauliflower and brocolli then. Im not too big on cauliflower. Not that I don't like it but I dont think it has a lot of flavour but I do like the texture so would be interesting to see how it turns out :) Ill give it a go xx

Sarnie

I make a ratatouille chilli, that has courgettes, onion, aubergine, tin of toms, mushrooms, peppers, chilli powder, you can add whatever meat you like. Omit whatever veg you don't like or add some others you do like. x