• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Home made curry

salski

I make home made curries all the time, but tend to cheat using a jar of curry sauce - but I have gone to the cupboard and have no jars - so its back to scratch!

I used 2 cooking onions
punnet of ripe tomatoes
half a punnet of mushrooms
garlic and chilli (very lazy ones)
a tablespoon of tomatoe puree
a tin of chopped tomatoes
water
meat of any sort - I used skinned chicken legs

I chopped the onions and toms and added 2 tablespoons of tandoori powder, salt, pepper, dunnes everyday seasoning, a teaspoon of sweetner (toms can be v sour) a grinding of hot chilli flakes (add to taste as they can be spicy) and marinated them for a couple of hours
I then used spray oil to fry the onions and toms then added it to a casserole dish add all above ingredients and cook!
Its a mish mash but its easy and lovely and above all healthy! Haha

Sal :)

Last edited:

phatmomma

galm37

This sounds yum Sal. I love food you can chuck in one pot/dish - and defo healthy x

salski

Must say it was quite watery so I added a little cornflour to thicken it up. HTH xx

phatmomma

Twiggie

Must say it was quite watery so I added a little cornflour to thicken it up. HTH xx

Another way you could thicken it without adding cornflour (if you're trying to avoid carbs) is to pop it on the stove top and simmer without a lid on to reduce the sauce. I tend to find a lot of tomato based sauces, especially if made with fresh tomatoes will go watery when cooked in an enclosed pot, as the steam condenses inside.

If you enjoy curries and don't mind them a little hot & spicy I can thoroughly recommend the Sharwood's Black Pepper Masala and it's 97cal/100g with less than 5% fat/sugar so bypassers can enjoy it too :D

I've also added it to the database on the site Roch posted on another thread, as it wasn't already listed.