• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Choice of surgery

RES

Going back to see Consultant about type of surgery. Have done the research and read your comments on this site and, for me feel that banding would be best. However it seems to be hospital policy that they won't do banding. Will either have to have sleeve or been told to go elsewhere. This is just from hospital not from funders or GP or me.
Anyone else had same experience?
Seems hospital wants GP to do post op care and therefore no longer want to do band fills.

When I started out I was pretty determined I wanted a band but when I went to the hospital was told they don't do bands any more and would have to have a bypass. And, due to having a severe hiatus hernia, reflux issues and down to my eating habits bypass was the best option - less risk of post op issues and more chance of success! It took a while to get my head around as it seemed so drastic but here I am almost 9 weeks post op and really happy with the decision.

I would discuss it with the surgeon and see what they recommend and the reasons why....

Good luck ;)

Hi...I thought I wanted a band but after research I decided the sleeve was better for me and I have been really pleased. Good luck with whatever you choose!

Hi...I thought I wanted a band but after research I decided the sleeve was better for me and I have been really pleased. Good luck with whatever you choose!

How long to recover after sleeve and what's the weight loss been like?

My recovery was great, I had 3 weeks off work then 3 weeks restricted duties at work. My op was the 26th August and I am now 8st 13lbs. I have lust 4st since the 4th August when I started my pre op diet, I did a week extra to get in to it.
I totally recommend the sleeve, there's no thinking about it and no maintenance with fills etc.
It's each to their own but the sleeve was for me as I was a binge eater. I feel totally stuffed after a tiny amount and am only now just managing 700 calories a day.

Others have been pleased with their bands, I would read up and make the right choice for you.

Back