• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Surgeons choice?

rickysmrs

Hiya

Just wandering because of the different options ie band or by pass is this choice made by the surgeon if NHS.

I suffer from Chronic Fatigue, Fibrmyalgia and arthritis in my hips. I have a second chance at this due to my 1st attempt 3 yrs ago going down the pan due to my chronic fatigue at the time I was sleeping more than I was awake therefore only eating one meal a day so they wouldnt accept me because I wasnt over eating. So now three years on chronic fatigue not too bad atm, awake more hours eating more and more weight gained as not able to exercise due to pain and not wanting a chronic fatigue attack im stuck.

I seem to off gone through process quicker this time must be because they prob still had my records only asked GP last month and have consultation, dietition etc appt 29th Oct, I waited about 4/5 month last time.

Oh well it doesnt matter which one I get aslong as I get some help at the end of the day.:)

Keeping positive, staying awake, and wanting to lose!!!!!

Ann xx

no,its up to you at the end of the day,but people do make the wrong op choice x

I am thinking the by pass would possibly be best option because of my problems and hyper sensitivity to pain ie would I feel the band more with pressure........... my head is in a whirl wind think I will wait and discuss with consultant he probably will know best lol well I should hope he will haha. ty for your reply xx

youre very welcome,my surgeon suggested a bypass to me but i didnt want that as only my portion size was my problem,its impossible for me to overeat now so im glad i went against his advice and i feel ive made the right choice for me x good luck on your decision

Perhaps the bypass might be better. I started off thinking of the band and changed my mind after I realised that the bypass had the best success rate. I have no regrets. It might be helpfull to attend more information sessions if circumstances allow. Then you can interact with patients that have gone through both operations.

All the best

nice to meet you fibromate :)

Back