• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Christmas goals 2016

To be fair @countrywench I'm not a sweet eater or a chocolate lover .... I fancy choc more now since op ...
I'm a crisp pringle twiglet mini cheddar crackers cheese and nut girl lol ...
So hard for me not to buy the Xmas drums of the above ....
I still smile at you with your carrier bag of sweets all mixed up ...

Awful isn't it .. looking back I am in horror at the things I'd eat without realising what I was doing to myself ..
live and learn as they say .. I've told hubby he is NOT to buy me a box of the Hotel Chocolat chocolates this year .. that's a temptation to far for me I think ..
xxxxx

Every Christmas my taste buds and mouth go into overdrive at the thought of my favourite gift from my hubby ..
He always buys me a box of chocolates from Hotel Chocolat.. if you've never had a box from here then know that they are heaven .. the fillings are amazing .. an average box is £20 but worth it .. NOT A BOX FOR SHARING OR FOR KIDS !
These are serious chocolates lol .. last year I had 2 boxes and I waited until I was alone ... They really are something to be relished ..
This year .... I'm not interested ... Hubby asked me if I still wanted a box and I shrugged my shoulders lol ! Me ! Turning down chocolates .. * shakes my head * ..
I've not thought about Xmas food at all to be honest .. youngest has raised a few turkeys and I'm interested to see how they turn out and how they will cook up Xmas day .. other than that , I feel a little nonchalant about Xmas this year ..
Spent all day yesterday at youngest house , batch cooking for her , as she was out beating and shooting for the day..
Oh how I enjoyed a solid day to myself cooking .. chicken and bacon stew , cranberry and orange biscuits , orange pastry mince pies , a huge pot of coconut rice pudding ( you should try this yum ! ) portions of pastry and cookie dough and a few other little bits for her to freeze down .. before surgery I would have spent the whole day grazing on what I was cooking , but I stuck to weetabix and yogurt and just tasted the cooking to see is the seasoning was right .. This type of behaviour is still very alien to me lol !
I wouldn't mind another stone off before Xmas but will settle for anything my body decides to give me ..
Plus I won't mind being in any pictures this year !
This just go to show that I have such a LONG way to go yet, I don't think I'd be able to cook those orange pastry mince pies and cranberry and orange biscuits without lots of grazing.....very well done

Where I was cooking them I think I was tasting and seasoning etc so I didn't get that urge to stuff .. plus daughter had bought a fancy smancy coffee machine from John Lewis and I got a little bit obsessed with making my own lattes yum !
It will happen Bling , honestly .. if you had told me in April that I wouldn't be bothered by my demons foods at Xmas K would have laughed and said watch this space ..
Bloody husband though ! Walks through the door this evening with mini stollen bites from the Co Op .. if you've never eaten these beauties , wow , moist , succulent , sweet and so easy to eat the whole 9 mini mouthfuls . Last year I would work my way through 3 boxes , no joke , with a milky coffee or a bottle of red ..
I have had one .. it was lovely and I could so easily have had the whole and it was a massive fight not to , I sat there with drool dripping from my lower lips likes bootlaces .. .. He ate the rest of them ! Porker pig he is .. just sat there and popped them one at time in his mouth , covering his beard with icing sugar .. chamming and smacking his lips ..
I'll smack his bloody lips ! Ass wipe ...

Lol so funny but how well did you do, stollen does nothing for me but it is a great feeling of satisfaction when you resist isnt it, I'm not sure I'm going to manage to resist as much as I should this Christmas, mind you OH just took a big bar of new whole nut with caramel from the fridge, normally we would have halved it but I had 8 squares, now I know that's not good but it's definitely an improvement and it's something to further build on. I hope you don't mind me asking but I've been trying to follow your journey from when you first joined the forum but don't seem to be having much luck on where to start, any tips ? X

Some great goals here, mine is to try not to undo the good I've done so far, I just know it's going to be so bloody difficult and I'm going to need a lot of willpower, hope I have enough x

Lol so funny but how well did you do, stollen does nothing for me but it is a great feeling of satisfaction when you resist isnt it, I'm not sure I'm going to manage to resist as much as I should this Christmas, mind you OH just took a big bar of new whole nut with caramel from the fridge, normally we would have halved it but I had 8 squares, now I know that's not good but it's definitely an improvement and it's something to further build on. I hope you don't mind me asking but I've been trying to follow your journey from when you first joined the forum but don't seem to be having much luck on where to start, any tips ? X

My thread/diary is called All booked and the that road of no return .. that's the beginning of my journey really .. any other threads are just asking questions really .. probably put countrywench in the search area .. I think I joined before October 2015 .. I remember joining and asking about surgery and then waiting until I had my money up to together before getting deeper into the forum ..
it's been a life line ...

Thank you I'll have a little look, it definitely seems that it's going to be my lifeline too :hugs:

A little treat is fine chicky, as long as you chew it to apple sauce consistency before you swollow it

Follow your 202020 with all your foods, and eat everything in moderation:)

You are in control, use your band like a secret weapon, it stops the binging, purging, gives you control back x

Still enjoy your food, get your protein in first obviously, but still enjoying food is part of our wls journeys, (just a lot less of it, lol)

We will always be food addicts, enjoy a tiny bit of everything, life is short, a little treat puts a smile on your face, don't deny yourself anything, quality over quantity x x x
Thank you for the advice, I'm afraid I haven't reached surgery in my journey yet, maybe this time next year Xx

My goals are to eat little of what I like for three days, christmas eve, Christmas day and Boxing day, then get back to normal straight away. I've been slipping little lately in the run up to Christmas, so I'd like to be back on track before Christmas. My original goal was to hit a normal BMI by Christmas but I hit that this week, so not undoing my hard work is a big goal. Oh and getting back to 20/20/20 - I've been very bad with that too lately

Last edited:
I'm the same ... a few treats for 3 days then back to it for January...
Bit like pre op eating 20 ton of food then new years resolution diet in January!!
Except this year it will be the odd chocolate then back to protein in January..good luck everyone with the eating over Xmas hope you all have something you enjoy .... here's to more weight loss in 2017 xxx

This is a great thread! :)

My goal for Christmas is to maintain my weight but to not obsess over food either. I had my op last Christmas so it will be nice to treat myself in moderation!

Back