• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Clothes shrinking, helpful hints and tips!

I really planned to buy very little until I got close to goal. However, as I slid through the sizes fast in the beginning I thought I was safe to buy up a bunch of 14/16 size things thinking that is where I would land. I did and many of them were not worn or only worn once due to being too big or the wrong cut for my new figure. I also have found that sizes vary wildly so it is hard to predict what will fit and when it will fit. I am all over the place with what fits, from size 8-16 in tops and from size 12-16 in bottoms! Aside from basics like underwear, bras and a good coat I don't spend very much on the items I buy. I buy some new things every month but I keep it under £20. I have spent money on new accessories like shoes (reduced a size since losing weight), handbags and jewelry to make me feel fashionable and current. I do find that I just hate to wear baggy clothes these days, I can't stand it when tops are baggy through the shoulders or hips, I feel frumpy! So, I do spend money on clothes that I won't keep because I want to look my best, I just try not to spend very much!

Nic:D

I have only a few things that I wear comfortably...But I bought some fantastic plain black tee shirts with a vee neck and 3/4 length sleeves, they skim your hips and cover where it matters...I purposely bought them very big so they don't hug...(I hate hugging clothes at my size) I bought four of them and embellish them so that they all look different. I did buy some pink ones too, but I won't wear loud colours yet...I'd feel like a pink elephant and wouldn't want to draw attention to myself.

When I lost weight last year I did buy some lovely bits that I hope will still look good next year...they won't date....There were a few things from before that I altered...I'm not the greatest of dressmakers but I did invest in a great sewing machine and have a bit of a go when trying to make things smaller....

I probably would have been better off selling the stuff on ebay.

But because I have constantly yoyo'd most of my life, I can't always part with my clothes, its as if I know I'll gain weight again....Do you all hold on to stuff?

(((hugs)))

I bought a top last week in a 14 and it fits great but I am still wearing my 22/24 tops as I dont wanna buy loads that are only gonna fit for a couple of weeks. I still dont enjoy shopping

Back