• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cold Tea/Coffee etc.

Yes - got one already Kate. I'll also be getting a toddler dish with a compartment for adding boiling water to keep food hot, ready for when I'm on purees / soft.

Yes - got one already Kate. I'll also be getting a toddler dish with a compartment for adding boiling water to keep food hot, ready for when I'm on purees / soft.

OOOh I want one of them and Mums been looking everywhere for me and the word on the block is that they don't do them anymore because of health and safety, you know, in case 6 month old little Joey unscrews it and pours it all over himself type of thing.

Let me know if you find one.

Kate x

What's wrong with a microwave? :p

I found a warm bowl on e-bay, we have the mugs as we used them on the allotment to keep drinks warm :)

OOOh I want one of them and Mums been looking everywhere for me and the word on the block is that they don't do them anymore because of health and safety, you know, in case 6 month old little Joey unscrews it and pours it all over himself type of thing.

Kate x

I have got 2 sippy cups:D

Tesco and Asda sell them.

Funny about the safety thing :confused: At a coffee morning at a school I know only lets parents use these as they are safer if they fall over or a child pulls it over. Only a small amount of hot drink comes out rather than the full cup.

I have got 2 sippy cups:D

Tesco and Asda sell them.

Funny about the safety thing :confused: At a coffee morning at a school I know only lets parents use these as they are safer if they fall over or a child pulls it over. Only a small amount of hot drink comes out rather than the full cup.

No no I mean the bowls that are like a bain marie type thing that you can fill with hot water to keep the food in the outer bowl hot. You used to be able to buy them for babies to keep their small amount of dinner warm. Does that make sense.

I know what you mean by the sippy anyway up cups they are brilliant I used to have them for my kids. No more watering the carpet as they walked along. Not sure I'd use one now though.

Kate x

No no I mean the bowls that are like a bain marie type thing that you can fill with hot water to keep the food in the outer bowl hot. You used to be able to buy them for babies to keep their small amount of dinner warm. Does that make sense.

I know what you mean by the sippy anyway up cups they are brilliant I used to have them for my kids. No more watering the carpet as they walked along. Not sure I'd use one now though.

Kate x

Yes I remember the kind of dish you mean I had one for my daughter.
Looking back they were lethal :D

The kids started calling my thermos mug my sippy cup they shout down the garden
"Mom do you want your sippy cup or a grown up cup":eek: :mad: :D
The neighbour howled the first time she heard that :D

OOOh found one Baby Eden
This one looks slightly more grown up. BABY FEEDING - Food Warmer Bowl & Cutlery Set for Babies: Amazon.co.uk: Baby
Or this one but it's much more expensive. Stay Warm Food Dish

You're a star Kate. I was going to get it from Mothercare or Babies R Us, but checking both websites, neither do them any more. It's amazing how market forces can charge a much higher price for essentially the same product, but aimed at the disabled adult market!

As it will only be used at home, I'm happy to get the cheapest. Thanks for the links, Kate.

i got the cure for this......drink it while its hot lol

You're missing the point Jed. I'm not on solids yet, but when I do, and it's meant to be eaten hot, I need all the help I can get when having to chew stuff 20 times, and waiting for it to squeeze past my opening.
I want to enjoy the small amount of food I'm going to be eating, and eating it cold, or constantly reheating in the microwave isn't my idea of enjoyment.

One of the reason I'm the size I am is because I've eaten too fast in the past, and I'm postive a big part of that is wanting to enjoy something at the intended temperature.

Rant over. Kate and I will enjoy our food / drinks all the more at the correct temp, with minimal investment.

Kate x

I got my daughter a thermos bowl from Wilkinsons when she started nursery as she doesnt like bread so sandwhiches werent an option and the nursery wont heat food. You dont need to leave water in it u heat the food in the inner dish whilst putting boiling water in the outter dish to heat that through, then tip out the water put the inner dish back in and screw the top on. a bit of a faff on but does the job. They still sell them i saw them last week end x

Lakeland & Debenhams do lovely china mugs with silicone sip lids much the same style as the lids on cups at costa coffee & Starbucks. Make your drink in the cup as normal, over a few minutes the outer china heats up but then cools to a handle able temperature whilst the drink inside the inner section stays lovely & hot. I use them at home & work as if I want a snack in the 20minute break we have & a hot drink I can't do both so I have my banana & then can safely carry the hot drink around school without risk to myself or the students & the drink stays at a drinkable temperature for up to an hour. They are great & you still have a china mug rather than plastic to drink from much nicer than the stainless steel ones & not rough on your lips as they often are the silicone lid lets you drink without having to suck up the liquid reduces on the wind as you drink.

Back