• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Colonic 'hydration'

I read in a thread somewhere that you have a colonic before surgery. Does everybody have this?

Also, is it something that you can have done after a bypass?

If they did, I was asleep when they did it!!

Well make sure you sleep with your back to the wall then:p

Maybe it was a special case then when they had it done.

i will sleep with my back to the wall ha ha and have a pair of extra tight knickers on so they cant get them off and "cleanse me" lmao:eek::eek:;)

I have heard of a couple of hospitals that give enemas before surgery, but never heard of anyone giving a colonic! My hospital change your pre-op diet for the last 3 days to clear fluids only, which clears out your system ;)

I am an ex-bowel nurse so am pratcised in enema's, manual evacuations and colonic irrigation / hydration. Some hospital will empty the bowels before surgery due to the mess and nightmare it is if they empty while on the table - but each hospital will have it's own policy over this. If you stay on the pre-op diet, your bowel movements will be much reduced anyway.

Enema's only empty out the very bottom of the bowel FYI.

I am very strange in the fact that I do actually want a colonic at some point.
Not sure why, I just fancy a mini clearout lol
Steph xx

An interesting fact - apparently the average person carries around about 4-6lb of undigested meat in there intestine, and bowel that never comes out.
Someone i know has hydrotherapy a lot, she says you wouldn't believe the amount of rubbish that comes out, she says she feels great for days after it has been done and apparently its very slimming too, she weighs herself pre and post and says the difference is normally about 2-3lbs. but says the real difference is her tummy is a lot flatter ! ............. For me no its not my bag, as far as i'm concerned its a one way route and there aint nothing going up there. :D

Hi, The average person can carry 5-25lbs of old faecal matter which gives off toxins which can make you feel tired, sluggish etc.
I have had 2 colonics, and after my first I lost 5lbs and felt much better, ie less bloated and less tired. I know that a lot of people wouldn't want to have it done, put I think it is great and I also have a cofee enema just before my colonic which cleanses your liver.
It really isn't as bad or embarassing as people think!

Clair x

Neither my hospital (Salford Royal) or my surgeon (Dr. Ammori) uses any type of bowel evacuation before, during or after surgery. However, I have also come across patient stories on other sites that have included them. If you are curious/concerned, ring your team and check because it is your right know the procedure.

Nic;)

Hi, The average person can carry 5-25lbs of old faecal matter which gives off toxins which can make you feel tired, sluggish etc.
I have had 2 colonics, and after my first I lost 5lbs and felt much better, ie less bloated and less tired. I know that a lot of people wouldn't want to have it done, put I think it is great and I also have a cofee enema just before my colonic which cleanses your liver.
It really isn't as bad or embarassing as people think!

Clair x

Is that an Americano or Latte coffee ;)

I didnt have a colonic or enema, however I have twice paid to have colonic irrigation. Its not uncomfortable or nasty at all! I felt very cleansed after and will defo go back again! xx

Im with charleysangel,I find them very good.Sort of spring cleans your whole body.Not embarrassing or uncomfortable.Flax seeds help clense too,but they go in your gob not your bum!!

Hi S/S Is it the same for bypassers? I thought they went passed all the intestine bit? or do we have the same amount of piping to get through.
An interesting fact - apparently the average person carries around about 4-6lb of undigested meat in there intestine, and bowel that never comes out.
Someone i know has hydrotherapy a lot, she says you wouldn't believe the amount of rubbish that comes out, she says she feels great for days after it has been done and apparently its very slimming too, she weighs herself pre and post and says the difference is normally about 2-3lbs. but says the real difference is her tummy is a lot flatter ! ............. For me no its not my bag, as far as i'm concerned its a one way route and there aint nothing going up there. :D

Back