• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Different PCT??

notahappybunny

Morning everybody, I was reading somewhere that a patient can apply to a PCT for funding even if out of that area?? how does this work? has anyone heard this,
I also read that once funding given a patient can go anywhere within the country for the surgery, the funding follows! again as anybody done or heard this.
If so does that mean if you get funding you can ring and see who has smallest waiting list?
As you can see i spent most of the morning not doing the house work!!!! lol:)

Jayne

Morning everybody, I was reading somewhere that a patient can apply to a PCT for funding even if out of that area?? how does this work? has anyone heard this,
I also read that once funding given a patient can go anywhere within the country for the surgery, the funding follows! again as anybody done or heard this.
If so does that mean if you get funding you can ring and see who has smallest waiting list?
As you can see i spent most of the morning not doing the house work!!!! lol:)

Jayne

HI Jayne
I can only answer a little bit. When my funding was granted, I was given a list of 3 providers to choose from. I couldn't go anywhere else.

I think this is a proposed change by the new government, but not implemented as yet. I could be wrong though. I think CCPM would be the best person to ask. xx

Back