• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Concerned

Retfordmag

Hi there

I have my consultant appointment next week in Sheffield with Mr Ackroyd.

Over last six weeks or so I have had this feeling of being bloated all the time with abdominal pains. Been through about two different doctors at GPs and one in A&E, been on Lanzoperazole, Xanac and Oemoperazole all of which have made no difference since I dont suffer from acid reflux.

Doc in A&E said it was intestinal blockage but then gave me movicol (2 every 8 hours) and on discharge said it was constipation even though I never suffer this.

Saw another doc today at GP and he is now refering me to a gastro enterologist and given me mebeverine to see if this will cure problem.

Only worry is I am this close to op (hoping June or July) and I don't want to blow it.

Anyone else had similar problems?

Have you had a barium xray done,your symptoms sound like the ones I used to have and they found Diverticulitis(sp)in the bowel.Little pockets of inflammation that cause bloat and pain.Try to keep wheat foods to a minimum,drink plenty of water to keep things moving through,check you are not lactose intolerant as dairy can give bad bloating and pain if you are that way inclined.Im sure if you watch these your symptoms will ease.Do discuss further with your gp though.Dont forget fags and coffee could affect you too if you do either.

Thanks for the replies.

Not had any xrays or the likes done yet. Don't get to see consultant until middle of April in Doncaster.

It's annoying, constant feeling of bloatedness and pain all over stomach.

Just praying it doesn''t effect the bariatric surgery as I have wanted this for the last two years or so.

Retfordmag said:
Thanks for the replies.

Not had any xrays or the likes done yet. Don't get to see consultant until middle of April in Doncaster.

It's annoying, constant feeling of bloatedness and pain all over stomach.

Just praying it doesn''t effect the bariatric surgery as I have wanted this for the last two years or so.

Sounds I bit like irritable bowel syndrome. Try eating like someone with IBS. And see if it relieves it.

Good luck xxx

I have changed my eating habits lately, eating more healthily (more veg , low fat etc) and it is still the same. Doing my head in as constantly bloated, on the plus side my appetite isn't quite what it was lol

I was diagnosed with diverticulosis a long time ago, and one of the main causes is a lack of fibre in the diet. When mine flares up the symptoms are very similar to what you describe. I take Fybogel to keep it in check. The orange one is quite nice. If you try that and it isn't diverticulosis then you would have done any harm by trying, but of it is, the symptoms should ease very quickly.

A doc at A&E told me to take movicol (6 satchets a day!!!) made me worse.

Changing diet a lot , trying to cut out potatoes , pasta , bread, riceetc to see if that helps.

Well, been on the mebeverine for just over a week now and fingers crossed don't feel anywhere near as bad! They must be working :)

Retfordmag said:
Well, been on the mebeverine for just over a week now and fingers crossed don't feel anywhere near as bad! They must be working :)

Glad things are improving for you :)

Back