• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gone and dun it !!!!!!!!!

VeronicaT

Gonna be thinner girl
Well went to my docs this afternoon, to ask for WLS. Fully Prepared with all my notes and took husband along for moral support to wait for me outside.
Went in - ...................
and promptly burst into tears, so all my prep went out of the window. Doc was FABULOUS - she is young and thin but seemed to understand. She read my notes, we went through everything that I had done, and she promptly filled the forms out there and then. She said that she couldn't forsee any problems and that I meet all the criteria, and she would get the forms sent off to Mr Ackroyd at Sheffield.

WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!
Now I am really scared lol.

Anyone had op done by Mr Ackroyd - what was your experience please?Gosh I am so relieved - first hurdle over xx

Aww well done Veronica!
It's over now... relax and get on and look forward and hoping all of the future paperwork etc... will be plain sailing... kindest regards xxx

Hiya luv! thats amazing! sounds like your doctor is one in a million! i wish i went to sheff instead that way my hubby would have somewhere to stay while i was in hossie and thats where all my family are.
did she say anything about the procedure in sheffield? how long the waiting list is? wether you have to apply for funding ir not?
Glad it went well for you and all the best for you on your journey xxxxx

In answer to all your questions -I don't know lol. I was so glad she supported me that I just left without asking - anyway - she filled the form in there and then, and promised she would get it sent off straight away - prob Monday now, so i suppose i just wait and see...... for a while anyway.

She didn't know any details about waiting lists etc.

MIXMAN do you have a telephone number for the dept that I could call next week to ask about waiting lists - Many thanks

Vron

Well done Vron.

It took a lot of courage for you to do that.

Now try to relax and not get to hung up about it all, because it's generally quite a lengthy process.

Stick around on here and you'll get loads of support and tips from some realy wonderful people. :)

heres the telephone number for the claremont hospital in sheffield which is where i believe Mr Ackroyd performs his stuff 0114 2632146 ive just tried ringing not long ago to ask about there waiting list, youl have to update us on the procedure over there.

how long was you waiting mixman? what was the procedure at sheffield?

well done hun thats the 1st hurdle over with, im happy for you x

MIXMAN do you have a telephone number for the dept that I could call next week to ask about waiting lists - Many thanks

Vron

Dr. Ackroyd does his magic at the Royal Hallamshire Hospital. I just normally go through to reception and ask to be put through.

how long was you waiting mixman? what was the procedure at sheffield?

I was about 7 months from start to finish. That was being referred by my GP after I went then I visited a weight expert at the Northern General hospital who took my stats, bloods, questionairre etc, he then put me forward for surgery.

Then went to a group session and they explained all the options. After this you could go away and think about it as they were very straight forward. I put my name down there and then.

Went back for a few tests and weighs etc then got a date.

Was lucky to be put in the private hospital Thornbury. Had my own room with en-suite etc

sounds like a hotel - i was on the private ward at boston because there was a shortage of beds did you get a chef on the ward too with fresh food (they wouldnt let me have steak tho) lol and a flat screen tv? you didnt have long to wait then did you? thats realli quick compared to others isnt it

just think.... 7 months and you could be done and dusted veronika! how exciting xx

Oh Veronica i've been wandering about you all day, and whether you had been yet! I'm so happy you've been and got such a lovely doctor....

Your journey is just beginning, start to enjoy the ride... xx

oh yeah.... durrrr! lmao! this head ache is taking over me today i think! lol

Well done Veronica! Your first step towards a new life !

Back