• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Confused/Nervous/Worried - Excited?

sydenham

Hello
Have just found this site and hope I am typing in the right place!!.

I am 56 and hoping to have a Gastric Bypass (Mr Mannur) as soon as it can be arranged really. I have had previous abdominal surgery when I was 12 and apparantly this can mean that the op may have to be invasive due to scarring.
I am now feeling quite fearful.

Does anyone out there have a similar experience?
x

Hi and welcome to the site, you'll find lots of help, support and advice on here, but unfortunately my situation wasn't similar to yours but I'm sure someone will come along soon that knows abit more.

Hi, welcome aboard, my name is Carol and i'm having a gastric bypass on march 10. I'm 52 and I too have had surgery before..hysterectomy when i was 32. when i saw the surgeon he examined my scar and put my fears to rest telling me it wouldnt be a problem. When you see your surgeon i'm sure he'll tell you the same so don't worry, you'll be finex

Hi great to have you here. Not long before your wls and i bet your counting the days, i was haha. Good luck. xxx

Thank you Carol

Do you mind me asking, is your scar across your tummy, or much further down like a caesarian would be.?

How exciting for you. March 10th isn't too far away either. It will be wonderful.

x

All the best and every good wish for your wls. Love and hugs xxx

Hi and welcome . . . I am not sure an invasive procedure would be the end of the world ~ after all you body shape is going to alter dramatically in any event. Invasive (the word is quite off putting) is, in my understanding, the safer technique and the opening recovers in a relatively short space of time . . . Good luck with your journey x

ask whatever you want, thats what i like about this site, we're all in the same boat! my scar is across my lower belly , im having my pre op tomorrow so il ask the surgeon about it and let you knowx

Hi sydenham, i had open surgery in June last year. My pct only fund 'open' except for exceptional circumstances. My scar is approx 7 - 8 inches long and healed really quite quickly. It was uncomfortable but not painful (at least i didn't think so). Any questions feel free to shout x

Back