• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just Starting Out...

cocoa1

Hello

I am just starting out on this new stage in my life. I am going for two consultations this week to see about gastric band surgery.

I have found this site to be full of great information and help already and hopefully I can get lots of support in the challenges ahead. I am nervous, scared and excited all at the same time!

Thanks for listening.

Cocoa

top_kat

welcome :)

I am a bander, having it done via healthier weight 11 months ago. It's not always easy, takes lots of self control, and choices, but its been the best thing I've ever done :)

cocoa1

Thanks ladies. If you could give me some advice as to what questions to ask at the consultations that would be great. I do have a few things already in mind but I'm sure there must be more!

top_kat

i had researched for 7 years so had very few questions when I went. I would focus on whether it is the right option for you, what you need to know in relation to your lifestyle,

The only question I did have was regarding mortality rates because of my anaesthetic fear. As such I chose a provider and a surgeon that had a zero % mortality rate.

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
I would say ask about the aftercare package. Good access to a dietician and a bariatric nurse is vital with a band.

You want a clinic fairly local, ideally too.

Good luck xx

femfrankie

Shrinking For Sophie
Hi cocoa .. I don't have a band but just wanted to say good luck with your consultation :)