• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

confused

luv2bskinny

well i rang the hospital regarding having the tube down b4 my op, my surgens secretery said i should of had it done b4 i got put on the list!!! she said because it was her fault i have not had it done she would keep es on the list nd try nd get me a appointment sent through for the tube but to ring bk up the following week 2 make sure she had sent it it off, so i rang friday nd the woman i spoke to had gone home so i explained to the other receptionist and she had a look at my file nd notes on system and she says i dont need 1!!! their is nothing on my file or system to say i need one the thing that is on is that i am the short notice nd wekend list but apart from that nothing else, so just confused cos 1 person is tellin me 1 thing nd another tellin sum it else xx

Sorry can't help you as I am a different area, and didn't have to have the same exams before hand. Hopefully someone from your hospital will come along and answer, otherwise, I would say ring again, and explain you are confused and you have been told two different pieces of information. I hope you get it sorted, I know the worry is not good.

Sorry I can't be of any help as I didnt need one done either .

I didnt need an endoscope either just depends on your history i suppose.Get clarification though.Maz x

hmm very strange, i thoyght all at srh had to have camera... defo ring and confirm explaining your worried. goodluck hun. x

I'm a SRH patient and knew nothing about having to have an Endoscopy unil i attended my appointment on 29th of June feeling very pleased with myself for exceeding my weight loss target and expecting to be put on the list, as this is what i had been told would happen at my Febuary appointmnet, however i was told that the rules at SRH had recently changed and all WLS patients have to have all investigations carried out before going on the list. i was then told i would recieve an appointment to go for Endoscopy within 8-12 weeks and then i would be put on the list. aside from being seriously overweight i have no health problems what so ever so there is no reason why i should have this and others dont so i am assuming all patients have this done? i got appointment through 2 weeks ago and went for the endoscopy on friday, i discovered i have a hiatus hernia but aparently this wont prevent surgery and i am now on the list - Hurray. hope this helps and good look, x

i have rang again this morning nd spoke to the person i did 1st time round nd pleased i did cos she has getten me a appointment to get it done the end of sept so i feel better in my self knowin its getten it done, just ave 2 get that out the way nd wait for my actual op date lol xx

Back