• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Consultation Questions - whats did you ask?

Tif

Hi all,

I have a consultation booked for the 1st November for a Lap Band op in Brussells. Please can you let me know the questions you asked at your consultation. I need some inspiration!!

Hi all,

I have a consultation booked for the 1st November for a Lap Band op in Brussells. Please can you let me know the questions you asked at your consultation. I need some inspiration!!

Hi Tif .... I made a list of questions somewhere. I'll dig them out for you. Would you like me to come with you on your consultation? Random I know :eek:, but I would just love to help more!!

I had a band. I considered Brussels too.

The last few days I've had some vexation with myself about the band, but actually I know I can make it work if I consistently exercise AND eat well. x

wont there be some diaries in the diary section,i thinkyou go to forum jump, and look on there,it should tell you, if not look for neens threads,thats where all the banders 'hang out',good luck with your op huni, hugsxxx

Hi Tif - I`m a new `bander,` all I wanted to know was how big the band was and how it went in. Also what the follow up entailed as it is a two year programme. If you are having it done you might want to ask where your follow up programme will be held; and is it near enough to be convenient to you. There are many more questions that others may remember but make sure you write down anything you need answers for; otherwise you may forget at the time. You should really get some written information whereever you opt for surgery before you go, once you have made the initial enquiry and a lot of the answers may already be in there.

I wish you good luck on your journey.

Take care and best wishes Kat x

He Tiff,

I just wanted to know whether I would be in loads of pain or not. I kept trying to pin her down to compare it with something else, hehe, she was having none of that though. It wasnt too painfull for me anyway in the end. I asked a lot about the fills and the aftercare and also the pre op diet (I had to do the low carb one which was fine after first few days). I went with the WLS group too and found then to be excellent. I get a weekly call from a dietician for the first 6 weeks follwed by monthly calls and I think at first monthy check ups with the barriatric nurse who is extremely knowlegable. I also asked about the surgeon, what his complecation, death rates were etc and how experienced he was. I also asked for the statistics on weight loss and whether they honestly thought is would work for me. Thats all I can think of for now but Im sure there was more, hehe, Im a worrier.

Have you got someone going to Brussels with you? I would of needed the support i think, but having said that I am a proper softy.

hi Tif
i went with Spire but i found the consultant was so well prepared he answered every question I had and a few more that I hadnt even thought of. I have been delighted with my band and am doing really well at the moment. If you want any help, just ask
Hope all goes well for you
Best wishes
jO XX

Back