• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What questions did you ask during your consultation?

Katie_25

Hiya,

I've got my consultation tomorrow with Prof Mcmahon at Nuffield in Leeds to look at the gastric band and I wanted to write a list of questions to ask as i'm sure my mind will just go blank once I get in there.
I was just wondering what questions you asked when you had your consultation. Any advice would be helpful as i'm sure there will be a number of questions I will forget about, lol. :)

Hi Katie
I'm not a bander but i asked things like recovery time, how long op took, what approx weight loss could i hope for, what did i need to worry about, length of time off work , after care as i was travelling for 4 hours to get my surgery and then just really general questions. Mr Ammori gave me a lot of information to be honest without me asking x

Thinking back I actually dont think I asked anything at all, I was told everything I needed to know and went away happy
Dont get too bogged down with questions you'll send yourself crazy, just relax and im sure they'll tell you all you need to know

Good luck, hope it all goes well for you

Kate x

I had mine at the Leeds Nuffield and never asked anythimg really other than how long expected to be off work. i was under mr dexter and had a bypass but felt everything was explained to me. am sure will be same for you. xxxx

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the advice, it is appreciated. I suppose I am quite nervous about tomorrow. Although I decided to have this procedure done some time ago, i think that now my consultation is looming it's becoming more real, if you know what I mean, and nerves are starting to kick in, a bit, as I know the op won't be far off now hopefully.
Just didn't want to forget to ask about anything important just because i'm nervous, although i'm sure Mr Mcmahon will go through everything quite thoroughly.
Thanks again.

Katie

Back